When cases are transferred, does the new service center start the process anew?

SarX

Registered Users (C)
I applied for I-140 and I-485 concurrently at the TSC on May 24, 2006 ( I-140 was approved on October 10, 2006) and case was transferred to the CSC on March 14, 2007; CSC received the case and it was last updated on march 20, 2007 but no indication that anything is happening with it further. Does any one know if the processing starts all over? :confused: :confused:

No. It does not.

I applied for I-140 and I-485 concurrently at the TSC on May 24, 2006 ( I-140 was approved on October 10, 2006) and case was transferred to the CSC on March 14, 2007; CSC received the case and it was last updated on march 20, 2007 but no indication that anything is happening with it further. Does any one know if the processing starts all over? :confused: :confused:

I really don't know....

After I-140 approval on October 10, 2006 i got an email from USCIS on October 30 saying that my I-485 was transferred to a local office for the standard interview. i was interviewed in LA on February 9, 2007. the INS officer asked for my labor Certification because he said it was not in my file.... i took the document in on February 12, 2007. he told me everything looked fine, and i am ok.

on March 14 LUD stated that case is transferred from TSC to CSC...

March 20 LUD stated "The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that was transferred to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw some cases transferred back to service center after interview and got approval from the service center. Maybe they transferred yours to CSC because you are in san jose. Hope you will get your approval soon.

Info-Pass was benificial

Had Info-Pass on 4-23-07 at LA Immigration office. The officer was very nice, she was patient, pleasant and answered all my questions, additionally, went beyond what i asked of her. she gave me the date my name check was cleared, she also mentioned that she did not notice any reason why approval for the I-485 was not given. she postulated that maybe the region i am from is over subscribed and even though it says visas are current, if it is over subscribed, there will be a delay in the approval.

She sent an email to the CSC as well as a letter on my behalf. she mentioned that they will reply to me within 30 days, and will reply to her email faster than they reply to the letter she sent on my behalf. she even took my phone # and promise to call as soon as she gets a reply from the service center. i thought it was kind of her to do that. she mentioned that once they allowed applicants to write directly to the service centers, however, they no longer do.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that every thing goes well... (i hope they do not deny because of over subscription and a visa # is not available)

Good luck with that. I did Infopass in LA before and had almost the same experience. They raised inquiry with service center also took my phone number and promised to call me back. Nothing happened even after 30 days. no letter, phone call, anything...:(

Had Info-Pass on 4-23-07 at LA Immigration office. The officer was very nice, she was patient, pleasant and answered all my questions, additionally, went beyond what i asked of her. she gave me the date my name check was cleared, she also mentioned that she did not notice any reason why approval for the I-485 was not given. she postulated that maybe the region i am from is over subscribed and even though it says visas are current, if it is over subscribed, there will be a delay in the approval.

She sent an email to the CSC as well as a letter on my behalf. she mentioned that they will reply to me within 30 days, and will reply to her email faster than they reply to the letter she sent on my behalf. she even took my phone # and promise to call as soon as she gets a reply from the service center. i thought it was kind of her to do that. she mentioned that once they allowed applicants to write directly to the service centers, however, they no longer do.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that every thing goes well... (i hope they do not deny because of over subscription and a visa # is not available)

Info-Pass result

Good luck with that. I did Infopass in LA before and had almost the same experience. They raised inquiry with service center also took my phone number and promised to call me back. Nothing happened even after 30 days. no letter, phone call, anything...:(

The Immigration Officer called me yesterday. i was pleasantly surprised. the news was neither good or bad. CSC is saying that i have to do another biometrics. the first one was not properly done... One would imagine that USCIS would have figured that out sooner. Now i am waiting on the new biometrics date.

EAD or H1B Extension

i am hoping someone can help me with this question i am pondering. my H1B was first approved in 2002 and expires in September 2007. i am wondering if it would be better to apply for and extension of my H1b OR would EAD suffice (and satisfy immigration requirement) while my I-485 is pending? :confused: :confused:

Start using a nice skin cream like Nivea to get the skin surface smooth. The people who take FP are impatient and override the software warnings (that the print does not look good).

Mention to the person when you go for FP that you are doing this for the second time as the first one did not come out fine. Perhaps, they will do a better job this time. Also, do use the cream on the fingers so that it is easier to take the prints. Usually due to wear and tear, the skin surface is not as good..
The Immigration Officer called me yesterday. i was pleasantly surprised. the news was neither good or bad. CSC is saying that i have to do another biometrics. the first one was not properly done... One would imagine that USCIS would have figured that out sooner. Now i am waiting on the new biometrics date.

Useless LUD and Info-Pass

Start using a nice skin cream like Nivea to get the skin surface smooth. The people who take FP are impatient and override the software warnings (that the print does not look good).

Mention to the person when you go for FP that you are doing this for the second time as the first one did not come out fine. Perhaps, they will do a better job this time. Also, do use the cream on the fingers so that it is easier to take the prints. Usually due to wear and tear, the skin surface is not as good..

I had a glimmer of hope when i noticed an update of my case 7-3-07.

i had a previous scheduled Info-pass for 7/10/07, and contemplated canceling it, but i decided to keep the appointment just in case. the immigration office with whom i spoke was not very helpful. He did confirmed that my NAME CHECK is cleared, and also mentioned that the CSC does not have any record of my fingerprints. i asked him if a name check could be performed without fingerprints, and he said the fingerprint has nothing to do with NAME CHECK clearance (is that really true?).

I asked the officer for an appointment to do the fingerprint right there, but he mentioned that i have to wait until CSC send it to me in the mail. i thought they could do it there because it is a "support center for the CSC that has jurisdiction over my case?" AM I INCORRECT IN MY ASSUMPTION?