When can you send an inquiry fax

sfbay_area_guy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My understanding is that if your I485 notice date has shown up on the JIT and its been 60 days you can send a fax to inquire about your app.

Now my Notice Date WAC02043 is Nov. 18th (or something).

I have received an RFE and have responded. Can I still fax in an inquiry asking BCIS as to what happened to my case? or its of no use since they already sent me an RFE.

as you can tell I'm getting a bit impatient here ;)

i think there is a wait time to enquire before u can send a fax after responding to RFE.

When did you receive the RFE?and when did you respond? If its 30 days past UCSIS receiving it, there's no harm sending a fax.

Thanks people.

I received RFE on Oct 20th or so and the message was updated to "we received your response to our request for evidence" on Oct. 30th.

So its been a month since we responded to RFE.

Want your case to be transferred to local office ? Send a fax inquiry.
They thransferred my case to local LA office after a few days after i faxed and inquiry.

Getting a case transferred to the local office means an interview. More importantly it means adding 6-12 months to the processing of a case.
Based on what I read on this forum, all kinds of crap can happen, i.e. FP results being sent to CSC instead of local office by mistake, additional security checks, etc.

I think you are far along in the game with a RFE so hopefully you should get your approval any time. Good luck!

Thanks for the good luck.... I'll need it :)

My lawyer *called* INS and put in a request to check the status on my case... We'll see how that goes. I guess its an equivalent to a fax.