When can we expect October cases to be assigned

Come on, guys....

First, Oct filers probably won\'t see main stream of approvals until Sep based on the current RD INS is working on. If you add 4 more weeks of "security" screen time, ric might be right.

Second, every Oct filer still has chance to get approved before Oct, INS has been such unpredicatable for many years, either positive or negative.

Third, no one surely say that after Oct there will be PD retrogroess, right? Why you guys so nervous at it?

Finally, if you don\'t like one particular person\'s post, just ignore it. In Indian culture, angry=extrem ego. That\'s not you want, is it?

Cheers,

look at all the posts of Shan*B

I think he\'ve got his GC already, he just spread the rumors here and make fun of all the GC waiter! We are not frustrate enough, aren\'t we?

Lets not fight over the approvals

The earlier we get approved the better it is and all we can do is hope for it. And Guys please don’t speed around negative thoughts. It may be true that you may get it next month or take longer, so it always better to think we will get is sooner rather that thinking and feeling sorry about getting delayed.

Does Retrogressing of PDs matter if you have applied I-485 and got an EAD

If you have applied for I-485 and got EAD state department have a visa number (the A#) allocated to you. SO I dont think it matters if PDs retrogress for people who have A# assigned. PDs are only used to allow people to get the available A#s to get on first come basis, It will be bad for people who are still waiting for the 140 approval.

PDs do matter even if you are assigned A#

A# has got nothing to do with visa number. I talked this issue with lawyer. It is just a file number for 485 applicants.(Infact you get the A# in 140 stage itself, check your 140 approval and you would see a A#!!!!!!!!!!).
When IIOs approve they ask for visa number and if your PD is current that day a visa number is given to you and approval is generated. But if PDs have retrogessed before final approval but after 485 filing your file would be put on hold and you may continue on EAD and AP and wait till it is current.
Now going with our discussion, people in Oct are headed for surprise, especially the group of wishfull thinkers. Because once PDs retrogess to Sep 99,(PDs in past have always retrogessed by 4 yrs for EB3 after becoming current) all EB3 filers will have to wait till their PDs become current!!!!!!!. Thus for ex PatienceGC has PD of Feb00( Like me) we both will have to wait till PDs become current again. And that might be atleast 6-7 months more. So people like patienceGC and me can expect approval by next April or so.
I hope that clears some doubts.

Shantanu..

While you seem to have clear idea of what happens in case of a PD retrogression takes place, I really wonder how come you\'re so certain about PDs retrogressing in October. That too the exact amount of backward movement of PDs (Sept 99). I mean, if you have a crystal ball that enables you to predict the future, wouldn\'t you be better off playing lottery than sweating your rear at your job?
As part of the AC21 law, there was another rule that was brought into effect wherein the high-demand countries like India and China will benefit from left over EB visas of other countries. Prior to this rule, people from such countries were hard hit by the per-country limit. Under the new scenario, and given the number of people who have been laid off recently and the more stringent methods followed by DOL in adjudicating Labor clearances, I don\'t see a reason why PDs should retrogress.

wow April 2004 for me.... yipppeeee

Shantanu, I cant thank you enough for the wonderful news. Keep it coming. You never fail to amuse me!

How did you determine my PD? Did you look in your mama\'s a$$?

PatienceGC watch your language.

I will never stoop so low as you in using the expletives. With a different upbringing then yours I would rather stick to using proper words. As far as you looks like its not your fault that you use this kind of language, this is what you must have learned from your parents. They must be using this kind of language amongst themselves and you picked it from there. Now I feel soory for you.
As far as the issue of PDs retrogessing even DOS said last time PDs might not stay current and will well retrogess in next fiscal year.
Here is why I say that. First of all there was a rollover of 2 yrs worth of unused visa + allotment of unused visa of current year( those visa due to per country). This has caused the dates to be current.
This year things are different, unused visas will not rollover to next year and if INS adjudicates cases at the rate they are doing now scores of pending applications with PDs as far as 1997 are still there.
This in itself will cause PDs to retrogess!!!!.
So I am not looking into some crytal ball as you wishfull thinkers and daydreamers might think I am following a logic. And yes I would be the most happy person if PDs don\'t retrogess as I have a PD of Feb2000 and category EB3.

Refer to AC2 of whatever that law was.

That law specifically said that unused visa for year 1999 + 2000 would rollover to year 2001. But this was just onetime rollover which caused all dates to go current. If INS processes all apllications before Oct( dates would remain current as chances of people with PDs in 1999 left would be less). But with proceesing rate of present, applications would stay in pool. At the beginning of fiscal year based on unadjudicated applications and quaotas available for quarter PDs will retrogess badly.

Thanks for all the responses - But

When can I expect my approval - RD - 10/17/2001
I am worried because of all this PD retrogress news/scam

O noble Shantanu Could also tell me when the world will end?

Whats up with you? Are you trying to be funny or are you serious? I think you might be insane and might do you good to see a shrink.

Stop scaring all people with your crappy "ass"umptions and imperfect knowledge!

People why are you guys believing Shantanu? He is just messing with Y\'all!

Shantanu

AC21 made the rollovers effective October 2000. The 1999 + 2000 you are talking about is a "catch-up" effort from the previous years. That is SURELY not the end all of rollovers.

patienceGC

Patience :)
Shantanu obviously has wrong information he strongly believes. We are just trying to reason with him and thereby make him see that the information he has at hand is incorrect.

FormerlyWheresMahGreen

You dont know this guy.

He has been posting nonsense like this for a long time now. The more people encourage his discussions, the more he does the same.

He seems to suffer from some kind of delusion and has been constantly trying to make other people do the same.

Take my advice and dont argue with him. You are wasting your time.

No Title

august and sept. have less applicants compared to July ........
in fact Sept. has a fewer applicants due to the Anthrax outrage ...
so my GUESS (yes a guess ...pure guess) is that once you see mainstream aug. approvals then sept/oct RDs are not far away ..

please feel free to challenge this postulation !! :)

Someone (Shunt)anu

I guess Shantanu is from the opposition camp of immigrationportal.com(NOte: Rajiv Khanna) who is trying to screw up this message board thinking that people will get lost in their way and leave this board.
Maybe he wants precisely that to happen.

Shantanu, come out in the open, do not scare/confuse ppl of this board.....

FormerlyWheresMahGreen and patienceGC

PatienceGC you are the most impatient person, anyway if you don\'t like my post why are you really reading it. And who do you think you are by the way expecting people to post messages you like???.

As far as Formerlywheresmahgreen if you can give me link to the page where is says rollovers are for all years and not just two I will appreciate it. I am not an unreasonable person, if you can prove that what I say is wrong i will accept it. It should be not like of patienceGC material( Nichale sthar ke log). It should be some reliable doc.
Till you can prove me wrong you should accept that without rollovers PDs should retrogess.