when ap is approved.....

GCNeb123

Registered Users (C)
1.When AP is approved will INS send any document like approval notice to my residence address or will they send any document to the lawyer.?

2.what documents should i carry when i travel?

GCNeb123 said:
1.When AP is approved will INS send any document like approval notice to my residence address or will they send any document to the lawyer.?
----- if lawyer filed AP then lawyer will get the AP, if YOU have filed the AP directly you will get AP at your address
2.what documents should i carry when i travel?
---Passport, AP, confiremed Airticket( keep I-485 filing reciept with you show ONLY if asked when you enter US) and give your I-94 at Airline counter when you depart US ( keep the copy of I-94 both the sides for your future records at home in immigration file for future records)

ginnu said:
---Passport, AP, confiremed Airticket( keep I-485 filing reciept with you show ONLY if asked when you enter US) and give your I-94 at Airline counter when you depart US ( keep the copy of I-94 both the sides for your future records at home in immigration file for future records)

ginnu if somebody has valid AP and also valid stamped H1, does that person need to carry ORIGINAL I-797 approval notice?

fast_gc_seeker said:
ginnu if somebody has valid AP and also valid stamped H1, does that person need to carry ORIGINAL I-797 approval notice?
------ if one has valid H1 visa stamp better to use H1valid stamp to renter, if use AP to reenter it is advised by many good lawyers that keep I-485 filing reciept with you, genearly they dont ask for copy of I-485 becase they can check every info about you in CLAIMS and will know that I-485 is filed for you and AP was filed on XYZ date and was approved on ABC date. just to be safe what is the harm in taking your I-485 filing reciept or EAD with you?
***one person who entred on AP last week at Newark NJ POE was asked about his EAD card ( law/regulation does not say that one should have EAD when enter on AP. POE officer asked that person when looked at AP, where did you work? he replied with XYX company then officer asked do you have EAD for work? the person said YES and showed him valid EAD)To take precaution is better these days

ginnu said:
------ if one has valid H1 visa stamp better to use H1valid stamp to renter, if use AP to reenter it is advised by many good lawyers that keep I-485 filing reciept with you, genearly they dont ask for copy of I-485 becase they can check every info about you in CLAIMS and will know that I-485 is filed for you and AP was filed on XYZ date and was approved on ABC date. just to be safe what is the harm in taking your I-485 filing reciept or EAD with you?
***one person who entred on AP last week at Newark NJ POE was asked about his EAD card ( law/regulation does not say that one should have EAD when enter on AP. POE officer asked that person when looked at AP, where did you work? he replied with XYX company then officer asked do you have EAD for work? the person said YES and showed him valid EAD)To take precaution is better these days
Ginnu, I'm travelling next month and will carry 485 receipt,ap,ead etc...
but I may have to keep my original I-797[H1 approval notice] for my
wife's H4..do u think it will be risky not to carry ORIGINAL I-797?

fast_gc_seeker said:
Ginnu, I'm travelling next month and will carry 485 receipt,ap,ead etc...
but I may have to keep my original I-797[H1 approval notice] for my
wife's H4..do u think it will be risky not to carry ORIGINAL I-797?
------ if your wife is going to apply for H4 Visa stamp from US consulate then you need orignal H1 approval.

ginnu said:
------ if your wife is going to apply for H4 Visa stamp from US consulate then you need orignal H1 approval.

sorry if I'm not making my question clear 2 u..here is it again...

I'm aware that she would require original H1 approval. But in case I've
to return back to US before her H4 interview, I cannot bring original
H1 approval with me. I plan to use my H1 @ POE instead of AP. Is
it a mandatory for me to carry ORIGNAL I-797 if I plan to enter back
using my H1?

fast_gc_seeker said:
sorry if I'm not making my question clear 2 u..here is it again...

I'm aware that she would require original H1 approval. But in case I've
to return back to US before her H4 interview, I cannot bring original
H1 approval with me. I plan to use my H1 @ POE instead of AP.
------ if you are using H1 Visa stamp no need of orignal H1 approval notice, just keep the copy of H1 approval with you
Is
it a mandatory for me to carry ORIGNAL I-797 if I plan to enter back
using my H1?
------- not needed, for example if your Visa stamp is valid till Jan 2005 and H1 approval is valid tilll December 2006 then you need to show Passport Visa stamp AND H1 approval notice at POE so that you get I-94 till December 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
fast_gc_seeker said:
So this means I can just keep copy of H1 approval[I-797] and can still enter on my H1 visa, is this correct?

---correct, they are going to look at Valid Visa stamp in passport
..Thanks