What's up with InfoPass? Haven't been able to set up appt.

may01tx

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody sucessfully set up appointments for passport stamping through InfoPass lately? Our I-485 got approved last monday and we have been trying to set up appointments to get our passports stamped. Everytime it says"no available information officer in your area, please try back again later..". Any ideas?
Thanks
RD 5/01
ND 8/01
AD 6/04

I am also getting the same message....

If anyone know any more information about infopass please let us know.

Looks like the problem is happening only in dallas

Looks like the problem is happening only in dallas, any one expreience the same problem in any other city?

First, congratulations on your approvals.
As to InfoPass, you have to use it in the morning. When all appointments are taken, then InfoPass stops, and you have already saw the display message. It has a two-week window. For a work day (appointments only in 1,2,4,5), new appointments are available after midnight (might be 1am). They are pretty much all gone after 11am. So, if you schedule now, you can only get an appointment for two weeks later. If for only one person, you might try the InfoPass frequently trying to catch one that somebody else canceled. But it might not be easy for all family members.
Also, you have to make individual appointment for each family member. I read here, many people were turned down because they did not do that.
Another inconvenience is that it won't allow you to schedule again in half an hour after one appointment.
My 485 was approved on 5/21. PP scheduled on 6/11. Rescheduled to 2-weeks after 6/11.

I found that infopass did not let me place a second appointment for my wife. When I misspelled my last name very slightly, it let me in. Seems like infopass allows only 1 appointment per last name, so if your last name is used, even by someone you don't know, then you won't get an appointment, expecially if you have a common last name.

This was for the Miami local office, and the require a seperate appointment for each family member. Infopass needs to be upgraded to allow people to follow the rules set out by the local Miami office.

Another example of the brain not talking to the hand.

texas!!! Thanks for your reply

I followed your tip and made an appointment. I could only get 2 weeks away from now. I had to make it after 1am in the night.

Rescheduling

texas - How did you re-schedule your appointment?

My appointment was also on 06/11. When I went to re-schedule it brought the same dates for me. Did you call USCIS or is there a way to re-schedule via infopass?

Please let me know. Thanks.

I guess you no longer need to reschedule since you have been automatically rescheduled to 6/25. Just walk in at the same time as your 6/11 schedule. I canceled mine and rescheduled to 6/24 because I originally made one appointment for my family. Since anyway mine was to be delayed for two weeks, then I just got all my family appointments together.
You have to cancel you current appointment before making another one for yourself.
InfoPass informed my on 6/10 that one could cancel and reschedule the 6/11 appointment, or walk in with the letter on 6/25.

Last edited by a moderator: