What's up with I-140 at Vermont ?

PissedOffI140

Registered Users (C)
Here's my frustrating case ( just like many others ).

My I-140 ( EB-2 ) at Vermont has a ND of June 11, 2002.

Then my I-140 receipt was used to file I-485 in Sept, 2002.

EAD came through in Oct, 2002, FP got done in Nov.,2002.

And I am pissed off, My I-140 has had no progress.

Guys, what's going on ? Any of u in a similar boat ? Has
Vermont stopped looking at these kinda cases ? Is the
I-140 facing a potential rejection ?

Also, can I try talking to my local Congressman for help ?
Will that help or further complicate matters ? If I do, should I
do so after talking to my attorney ? Or shd I go ahead
anyway ?

more than 180 days contact II0

If its more than specified no of days in the case status message you cantact IIO.

I have atleast five people here with same situation who have applied 1-140 from May end to begining of jully . We all are employee of some junk company. We are getting laid off since last november. Most of us expecting atleast one i-140 approval

Waiting for I-140 approval

Friends,
I am also in the same boat. Its been more that six months that I have filed my I-140. Its so much frustrating that I can't explain. My first term of H1-B is expiring in April 2003. My employer is not extending my H1-B. He wants me to use my EAD. Thats why I am rushing to India to get married and bring my spouse to US before April 2003. Any suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you,
AKFL

Give a try!

You can contact your local congressman and ask them to enquire about your status. But, the reply is always the same - "We are processing Feb/March cases. It will take a while to take up this candidate's case."

I have the same RD of June 11 and i tried thru' the C'man and got the above answer.
Nothing harm in trying.... INS is not following any order in processing .. They approve Labor substitutions fast . Some guys get 140 approval in less than 3 months - many of us are waiting for 7-11 months..

Hang in there!

Hang in there, buddy! No point in getting frustrated - it only complicates life. Have faith - you have come this far - you'll reach the happy ending.

My case is almost similar to yours - most dates are similar - cat :EB2 The difference - I140 RD 6/14/02. I guess most of us are on the edge.

It seems too many things happened at the same time at VSC. INS reorganization. Then systems upgrade. Then problems with FBI online checks. Then priority to VISA to refugees. All this, I guess, draws resources. INS is already strecthed. I am not justifying the delay, but it seems there is light at the end of the tunnel. Most of the problems above, I trust, are resolved now. So, February should bring in the good news for all.

Cheers.

I am in the same boat ,Used to a silent visitor so far

Here are my details:

I-140 RD 5/10/02 EB3 No approval till date
I-485 9/18/02
EAD Approved in Oct'02
FP done in Nov"02

What can be done ?

My notice says I-140 will be done in 80-110 days. The online
and phone system says wait for 90-180 days.

It was applied in June 11 ( ND ) . Its almost 240 days now !!!!!!

Once talked to an IIO.. they don't seem to know anything.

Is there any person or politician or public figure that I can
seek an appointment with ?

Again, have never been in an illegal state, all records and past
history is good, neither do I work for any junk company.

Does anyone know why Vermont is handling I-140 this way ?
Is it a sign of a potential problem ( like rejection ) ?

PissedOffI140 ,

As DHARMA16 said Don't get frustated and don't keep your self busy thinking, guestimating, assuming things. I don't know what makes you think that there isa potential rejection problem for long awaited cases. Long waits only shows how messy is INS, thats all. Never ever try to understand the way INS works, it only ruins your other socail life.

Only medicine is just wait until one's turn knocks the door - no one know when it will be. No other thing works !!.

Be cool and keep busy yourself with other interesting things, in fact any thing other than thinking about INS :p

Good Luck and god bless you with your I-140 soon
-Sanga.

Nice explanation sanga regarding the INS mystery and the reaction from our end to it. Some may not like the proposal but as you said not thinking too much about it seems to be the best possible way....................

ME too i am also in the pissed group ...

our I-140 notice date is 23rd may 2002 and tilll now no signs of
anything else ..i saw a coupld of guys got their I-140 approval in
like 2-3 mnths ,maybe even less than that ,if i remember
correctly my I-140 receipt notice only took 2-3 mnths ...i don't understand what we can do besides what we have already done ......It is SO FRUSTRATINGGGGGGGGGGGG

Suggestion

Guys

Would it make sense if we also mention the attorney thru whom we filed the case in our posts - atleast the posts for approvals. I am not sure, but could the faster case approvals be a result of good follow up by some attorneys?

Just a thought.

I140 Mystries

My notice date is only 10/01 and I have not got the I140 yet, however I have got the EAD etc. I am EB2 concurrent and I do not work for a junk company and I have a very clear and clean history.

I see in the forum- at least some people getting their I140s very quickly- in a month etc. Even my very own lawayer had a I140 come thru for another client in VSC within a month- he could not explain the difference. The only explanaition he could give is - depends on who is handling the case in INS

So it is all the INS mystery. Just wait and hope for the best.
:rolleyes:

Are you serious sb_tiger

Are u kidding or serious ? You have a ND of Oct 2001 ?

That is just preposterous.. it means its 1 year and 3 months
and you haven't got your I-140 ? I find it so hard to
believe this.... I remember people with notice dates around
Oct 2001 were getting I-140's approved in 2 -3 months !

I thought these inordinate delays ( as of mine ) are only a
phenomenon during the last 6-7 months.

SB_Tiger, have you tried Congressional Help ? Have you
tried contacting some Senator, Congressman and ask for
help ?

Just a thought.

There was no concurrent filing then!

Hi PissedOffI140,

There seems to be an obvious mistake here! There was no concurrent filing in Oct 2001. He ought to have filied in Oct 2002. So, just take a deep breath and wait patiently.

I think after linking of the CLASS system and other security software procedures, VSC may move faster. They may also complete hiring of more than 140 positions! So, in the next couple of months this backlog may become history. Keep your fingers crossed.

My case is EB2 (Master's) with ND of 5/29/02. EAD/AP approved early December 2002.

Good luck to all.

I-140 application close to ONE year.....

Applied for I-140 Labor substitution (VSC) EB3
--------------------------------------------------------------
RD : 03/28/2002
ND : 03/29/2002
No approval / denial yet.

Applied for I-485/EAD (Concurrent filing) (VSC)
------------------------------------------------------------
RD : 08/28/2002
ND : 09/18/2002
FP : 11/01/2002 (Finger Printed)
No approval / denial for EAD / I-140 yet...

It will be close to ONE year soon for my I-140 application and I haven't heard about my I-140 application from INS.

My lawyer called INS and everytime he calls they tell him to contact after 30 days.

Recently when I called INS for my EAD application, they said call after 60 days. It has been 240 days (2 times I called earlier and they said call in 30 days and last time {end of Jan 2003} I called them he said call back in 60 days :( ) I can't understand why INS can't come up with a reasonable date. Every time they say that they are backlogged and they would have some result within 30 day, now it's 60 days :( .

With this pace it will take forever to get the EAD and the green card.

Can anybody make any suggestions if there is any way to find the precise information on how much time it will take for an application to get processed. Are these signs of a denial !!!! :(

I-140

Hi, I applied I-140 on Sept 7th and 485 & EAC & I-131 on OCt 10th. I got the EAD & I-131 in Dec 2002. But still my finger printing not yet come and I-140 not approved. I guess most of the people are in the same boat, I see VSC I-140 date is not moving from 06/04/2002 for I-140. Any ideas ???

High5:

Once suggestin would be to try and contact your local Congressmen/Congresswomen's office and take their help. They do get a lot calls for help and they entertain most of them. your is too genuine a case for them to help!

Also, if you are close to expiry of your H1 and your company will not extend your H1 for the 7th year you can go and het a interimEAD from your local INs office.

Really, ONE YEAR is a bit too frustrating ..... Best of luck, High5!

Let us know if you are able to get any assistance from the local CongressMen/Women's office. You do not need to go there first, you can find their number on the Web and call them and explain the situation and most of the time they will setup an appointment for you to go over!

Take care!

I-140 still pending (almost one year)

Hi Guys

I am not surprised to see that June 2002 and after are awaiting
I-140 approval. Mine is Feb 22 2002 and still my I-140 is not
approved. But I got my AP & EAD in December .
Here are my details:

I-140 - Feb 22 2002 (RD) - Mar 03 2002 (ND)
I-485 Sep 27 2002 (RD) Oct 06 2002 (ND)
EAD Dec 06 2002 (AD) and also AP.

Mine is under EB1 (outstanding Researcher Category) with VSC.

My attorney says guys who applied later than mine got
their I-140s approved in June 2002 itself. There is literally
some problem. Looks EB3 category sails somewhat smoothly
than other categories.

- Sekar