What's the wait period between interview and oath ceremony in Charlotte, NC?

edisav

Hi,

Does anyone know the average waiting period between the interview and the oath ceremony in Charlotte, NC?

Thanks!

It all depends. In the past, people were able to get same day oaths in Charlotte. I have no idea what is going on now there

With Charlotte having the worst processing times, I would say the average wait between IL and oath is 3-4 months.

I hope you're wrong, Bobsmyth. It's really too bad that nobody from the Charlotte, DO seems to be giving info and updates on what's going on there.

I personally knew of someone who had their N400 interview in April and had their oath the same day. But it's been 4 months since then and it would be nice to get a more current info.

manny1971 just posted on another topic and he had his interview in Charlotte today. His oath taking will be on 09/13. Yay!

I applied N400 two years back to Charlotte. I received IL last month for 10/15/08 at Raleigh DO and it got descheduled for unknown reasons. Yesterday I received IL for 10/01 at 8:40 AM. Me and my wife applied together in 2006, my wife became US citizen long time back. My wife had the interview and oath ceremony on the same date at Charlotte. Does this happen in Raleigh office?

Thanks for the reply.

I applied N400 two years back to Charlotte. I received IL last month for 10/15/08 at Raleigh DO and it got descheduled for unknown reasons. Yesterday I received IL for 10/01 at 8:40 AM. Me and my wife applied together in 2006, my wife became US citizen long time back. My wife had the interview and oath ceremony on the same date at Charlotte. Does this happen in Raleigh office?

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't heard of any same day oaths yet in Raleigh, but someone had posted yesterday on a different forum that he was interview yesterday (Sept 22) and received oath for Oct 2nd the same day.

i don't think you will be able to get same day oath. however, you may be able to get your oath notice the same day, and go home already knowwing when you will become a US citizen.

If they are planning oath ceremonies everyday for the week of October 6 as they will do next week, then you will be able to vote. Just pray.