what's the difference between NAPLEX and FPGEE?

phfa77

Registered Users (C)
I'm an Iraqi pharmacist and I want to practice pharmacy in USA
I graduated in 2000 and finished my internship in my home country
If I gained an american citizenship or at least greencard, do I still have to take any of these tests before I apply for a license in USA?

This is how i understand it:

The FPGEE is an exam for foreign pharmacy graduates. you have to take it to be able to practice pharmacy in the US but as an intern first.
after a number of hours (i'm not so sure), you can then apply for NAPLEX and when passed, you get to be a registered pharmacist in the US.

i hope i'm right :)

You are right, FPGEE is the equivalency exam to be taken by graduates from foreign universities. Once you pass it then you have to pass iBT (TOEFL). Once you have passed both, then you can apply for an intern licence. In most states you need to take 1500 hours of internship before you can appear for NAPLEX and law exam. Once you pass NAPLEX and law, you will get pharmacist licence. Hope that helps.
Rajan

phfa77 said:
I'm an Iraqi pharmacist and I want to practice pharmacy in USA
I graduated in 2000 and finished my internship in my home country
If I gained an american citizenship or at least greencard, do I still have to take any of these tests before I apply for a license in USA?

Your immigration status has nothing to with how you qualify to become a pharmacist.