Whats the deal for appointments in D.C office

brightstar

Registered Users (C)
:mad:
I need to go for stamping in Arlington, VA office. I can't make infopass appointment and they won't le me in when I went there. What the hell? :mad:

When did you go? Even I need to get my PP stamping.
Also can you let me know what all documents you took along with you.

hey, brighstar!

did u get name check clear ? if yea when did u get the approval letter, plz explain as i was interviewd on 25th oc oct
thanks

My name check did not clear yet. But My wife was approved and she went today but it was a mess there.

:(

i dont know when they gonna clear name check, i thought ur wife got approved same day and got stamped , as far as info pass in concern , it can take forever ,

good luck man

My wife got approved same day, but her passport was expired so she renew it today and went to Arlington office. What about your name check any news?

Even I am trying to get an appointment in the Arlington office, but not able to. Got approved on 10/29/2004.
My wife has tickets to India leaving on 19th November. Less than 3 weeks left now. If we are not able to get our stamping done before 19th then we will have to change the plans.
Getting the approval was great, but all this change in plans. It makes :) and :mad: both.

fedupofwaiting said:
Even I am trying to get an appointment in the Arlington office, but not able to. Got approved on 10/29/2004.
My wife has tickets to India leaving on 19th November. Less than 3 weeks left now. If we are not able to get our stamping done before 19th then we will have to change the plans.
Getting the approval was great, but all this change in plans. It makes :) and :mad: both.

Try after 8 or 9 pm and keep trying after every 30 mins or so till midnight or even later. Get an appointment for "speak with an immigration officer" and take a printout (along with the printout of the actual appointment) of the screen shot where all the options are given, point this out to the officer that passport stammping option is missing. This should work, based on what my lawyer has told me. I have not been to the service center myself yet though so can't say for 100% if it will work or not.

Hope this works for you.

Abidb said:
Try after 8 or 9 pm and keep trying after every 30 mins or so till midnight or even later. Get an appointment for "speak with an immigration officer" and take a printout (along with the printout of the actual appointment) of the screen shot where all the options are given, point this out to the officer that passport stammping option is missing. This should work, based on what my lawyer has told me. I have not been to the service center myself yet though so can't say for 100% if it will work or not.

Hope this works for you.

I will keep trying to get an infopass appointment.
I called the uscis customer service line and asked about the option for pp stamping in infopass, the lady there told that if you dont see that you can select "speak with an immigration officer" option.

Kept trying and got an appointment

Hey,
I kept trying infopass and then suddenly it told me to enter my information. Without wasting any time I took an appointment.
They will not allow you to make a second appointment. I tried from my co-worker's pc too and it didn't allow. So I cleared the cookies and then tried again and then got a second appointment.
If you want to get one probably you should try now.
My appointment date is 16th November, 8.00 AM.

brightstar!

nah man , have no clue whts going on with my file , its been a week, lets keep finger crossed and and get the green card directly. tell me did u try to contact FBI or office again , thts a shame they didnt let u guys stamp passport .

keep in touch as we are in the same boat