WHAT'S NEXT? ASYLEE i-485

sal403 said:
Espritis, I am happy to bring some life in this forum, which recently is turning into a graveyard.....As you can see from my timline that after my bio it took only a little time for me to get the GC. by the grace of god i am also one of those lucky ones who didnt have any problems thru out. Yes a long wait no doubt. but i didnt have to go to the court for asylum approval and no RFE/RFI except the one for Medical. Actually you know that every case is dealt with individually. Even cases of families which are applied together are segregated and looked at by seperate officers, hence difference of opinions. So the fact of the matter is that no person is an expert on this subject. NO ONE! Not even the so called imm. lawyers or USCIS itself! What do you say?

Cannot agree more :)

Peace

E

regarding to what we got in the forum, almost all case with ND 2002 are tranfered from NSC to TSC, so it is why a lot of asylee with ND 2003 got BIO and RFI recently, just a few monthes after those with ND 2002 did, so we can assume that the cases with ND 2002 and ND 2003 are adjudicated at the same time. it is impossible that NSC won't begin to approve the cases with ND 2003 until TSC finish approving ND 2002 cases. I know that it is very unfair to those people with ND 2002, there are some possibility that ND 2003 get approved earlier than ND 2002.

Do you guys think that the initial date has any effect on the priority of a case? Because I started the whole assylum petition in 1993 and after years of going to court finally got approved in 2001. My notice date is Apr/03, but since i've been in the system for so long they might want to make a decision on it sooner...i dont know?

Another thing, supposedly USCIS will have every currently active case adjucated by November '06, They have about a year to adjust cases A LOT so I dont think it's unimaginable to have '03 cases being decided right now.

wantmygcnow said:
What you have done is the initial step of getting a GC. Now your case is refered to an officer to review it. The officer reviews it and if he thinks he has enough evidence to approve you, he will. Or else he will generate an RFE and move on to the next case.

In the past, the officer would get to your application and then send Medical Request(bio was never taken before) but USCIS decided let the applicants worry about stuff they shouldn't worry about. So submitting medicals etc was sent to everyone even if you completed it.

It does'nt mean you will get approval next week. It just means that your case is "complete" as per the clerk who was assigned to get in contact with you. After this, your best bet is that officer will review your case.

Oh my god, wantmygcnow, I gues you are right, that is why i received RFI for a medical, for the fourth time since ND 2000, a week after I did my Bio 3. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
ND nov/2005 got bio and medical

hi!
I was really surprised , I got two notices today :
one for BIO CODE 3, TCR for Jan 03.2006
and one for Medical (green letter). MY ND is 04/nov/2005.
Granted asylum Dec/2001 aplied for gc nov/2005 at Nebraska Serv. Center

I think they are going by granted date of the asylum status rather than that of Notice Date (ND) this my idea. What do you think?

ps .
what does TCR mean??? thanks!!!
On the green notice -medical it asks me to provide the medical exam before Feb 17, 2006, hope this is good . Anyone had the same notice??????????

romat said:
hi!
I was really surprised , I got two notices today :
one for BIO CODE 3, TCR for Jan 03.2006
and one for Medical (green letter). MY ND is 04/nov/2005.
Granted asylum Dec/2001 aplied for gc nov/2005 at Nebraska Serv. Center

I think they are going by granted date of the asylum status rather than that of Notice Date (ND) this my idea. What do you think?

ps .
what does TCR mean??? thanks!!!
On the green notice -medical it asks me to provide the medical exam before Feb 17, 2006, hope this is good . Anyone had the same notice??????????

I don't think so romat. because I Granted asylum Sep/2001 .. N/D 3/05. and nothing. while other member Granted asylum 3/2004. with ND 06/05 got already Medical.
it is up to the officer who is processing your case.
Green notice gives always deadline to submit , nothing special here. Good Luck

Minsk, why are you so surprised?

I think it's pretty clear that INS started sending BIOs and RFIs immediately after they receive a ne I-485 application. This is just a new procedure and does not mean that after getting the BIO results and response to RFI they will be approving the case - no, it simply means a change in INS's procedures for new cases. I am pretty sure, after this they will need to wait for their turn in approval chain.

L.

I completed my BIO code 3 in October and Medical in November, and this is the message from USCIS. I hope this will answer to your questions.

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LIN*****

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 16, 2005, we received your response to our request for
evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to
process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was
complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum
stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

KarinaM said:
I completed my BIO code 3 in October and Medical in November, and this is the message from USCIS. I hope this will answer to your questions.

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LIN*****

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 16, 2005, we received your response to our request for
evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to
process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was
complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum
stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

this is very good news, it means that they are going to have a decision before the 2 years period starting from Nov 16/2005.
I hope I get the same message after I send my medical and Bio3.
Good luck KatrinaM and to everyone !!!
One question Katrina, your case numberr starts with lin05..... or lin06....??

romat said:
this is very good news, it means that they are going to have a decision before the 2 years period starting from Nov 16/2005.
I hope I get the same message after I send my medical and Bio3.
Good luck KatrinaM and to everyone !!!
One question Katrina, your case numberr starts with lin05..... or lin06....??

It's LIN03*****

Taking into consideration the processing speed, I hope I'll receive the GC much earlier:)