Whats next after approval

chankn

Registered Users (C)
Thank god and thanks to Rajiv Khanna .. finally my 485 applications for approved last week.

I was wondering whats the next step.

I know that I need to go to local office with the approval notice and passport for stamping. But i got few questions.

- Where can I find new photo standards.
- Do you need to make appointment ( Pittsburgh office)
- Anyone had any expreience at Pittsburgh office ?
- What is PP. I read that in few threads.
- How long does it take arrive plastic card (Actual time and not officer's answer)
- Can you leave country and come back or do you have to wait for any documents or something. like you can't leave until you get your card.
- I recently filled ( a month ago for EAD renewal and AP) is there any way to get that money back ?

Any answers.. appreciated.

chankn said:
Thank god and thanks to Rajiv Khanna .. finally my 485 applications for approved last week.

I was wondering whats the next step.

I know that I need to go to local office with the approval notice and passport for stamping. But i got few questions.

- Where can I find new photo standards.
Its on the homepage of uscis.gov. Linked here: http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/04_08_02photo_release.pdf
- Do you need to make appointment ( Pittsburgh office)
I think it is advised to get an Infopass. It, apparently, saves you time.
- Anyone had any expreience at Pittsburgh office ?
- How long does it take arrive plastic card (Actual time and not officer's answer)
- Can you leave country and come back or do you have to wait for any documents or something. like you can't leave until you get your card.
AFAIK, you can travel using the stamping that you get on your passport. You do not need the physical card.
- I recently filled ( a month ago for EAD renewal and AP) is there any way to get that money back ?
I dont think so. You cannot expect such a good deed :D from CIS.
Any answers.. appreciated.

Passport

Around two months

Rest were answered above.

Thank you peeved! .... yeap it was a long run.

I can't believe it takes 2 months to give plastic card. I am planning to make a trip to India.. i hope to get a card by then...

Do I need to carry anything with me if i don't have the card ?

chankn said:
Thank you peeved! .... yeap it was a long run.

I can't believe it takes 2 months to give plastic card. I am planning to make a trip to India.. i hope to get a card by then...

Do I need to carry anything with me if i don't have the card ?

I said around 2 months, not exactly 2 months, you might get it even before that. You need to carry Passport with the stamp.