• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

What's in the envelope??

alexiasi

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone who already entered the US with their new green card tell me whats inside this envelope we got from the embassy after the interview and are not supposed to open?
Its pretty thick, so i was wondering, what information will the immigration officer have access to?
Also, how is the process at the airport? how long does it take etc...?
Thanks

Don't worry much about its contents or thickness !!, just take good care of it until you get to POE.
You do not have to fill i-94, just the custom form/s.
At the immigration lines tell the ushers that you are '1st time GC' , they'll direct you to the correct counter (do not get into the GC/citizen line)
At the counter give your PPs, envelops & custom forms to the officer. They'll take your finger prints and photo and stamp PP.

After it is done (depending on the POE) you will have to again get to another officer/table to give your finger prints (index only) the old fashion way, this is known as ADIT processing. (just let them do the finger rollings as they wish, relax your finger/arm/wrist/hand etc !!)
After that only you will claim your luggage and walk through customs. (this is at least what's the procedure at JFK)

Good Luck !

The envelop contains all the documents from you applications...! The procedure at JKF is the same as the one in IAH with the difference that I was told by the embassy (and did it) to get in the CG/Citizen line...

Good luck...!!!