What's considered family?

h1bguyyy

Registered Users (C)
I am thinking of immigrating to Canada as a skilled worker. Points are rewarded if a family member is a Canadian citizen or perm resident. Are first counsins (son/daughter of my aunt/uncle) considered as family?

If you do take the test in CIC site to check the points, you will see these as family:

Family in Canada (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, niece, nephew, child or grandchild, spouse or common-law partner who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada)

So I guess your cousins wont qualify as family.

Anyone else can comment?

Thomas_Varghese said:
If you do take the test in CIC site to check the points, you will see these as family:

Family in Canada (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, niece, nephew, child or grandchild, spouse or common-law partner who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada)

So I guess your cousins wont qualify as family.

Anyone else can comment?

Hi

We mentioned my first cousin (who is Canadian Citizen)as family. We had nobody from the list mentioned at CIC website. But have no way of knowing if they gave points for that. There was no score mentioned in the IA. You should mention it in the application, whoever you have.

dhm2002