What's after labor approval?

sameer_n

Registered Users (C)
After the perm labor certification approval, I know that it is I-140 stage. But does I-140 go to the national processing centers [Chicago or Atlanta] or it goes to the regional processing center based on the applicant's permanent residence? How much time it is taking for I-140 approval at this point of time? Does one require "Birth Certificate" during I-140 stage? If someone could answer these questions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Sam

YOu can file I140 and I 485 concurrently if your priority date is current. Otherwise you file I140. But both applications go to the regional processing centers, i.e California, Nebraska, Texas and Vermont. Your birth certificate is required at the 485 stage. Depending upon the regional center it could take upto 6 months to get your I 140 approved

Thanks a ton Creative10. As usual you are informative and patient to answer the simplest of the quetions.

Few follow up questions though, what decides which regional center the I-140 application go to? I know that the labor certification approval comes to the employer. What about the I-140 approval? Does it come to the residence that one gives on his/her I-140? I am a consultant roaming around the country without a permanent residence! I can use one of my friend's permanent residence as mine, but can I change the address if the need be [I know that USCIS mail will not be forwarded]? Is changing the address in the middle of I-140 stage a big pain?

Sorry if I am bothering with too many questions. I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find relevant posts. If someone could point me to any good source on this information that would be great. Appreciate your time.

Sam

GC is for future....

It is advisable to file PERM with company HQ (meaning job location section in PERM file = company HQ). Then while roving...you can always file with that company address as job location and your company can justify that once you get GC you can move to that work location. GC is for future job.

sameer_n said:
Thanks a ton Creative10. As usual you are informative and patient to answer the simplest of the quetions.

Few follow up questions though, what decides which regional center the I-140 application go to? I know that the labor certification approval comes to the employer. What about the I-140 approval? Does it come to the residence that one gives on his/her I-140? I am a consultant roaming around the country without a permanent residence! I can use one of my friend's permanent residence as mine, but can I change the address if the need be [I know that USCIS mail will not be forwarded]? Is changing the address in the middle of I-140 stage a big pain?

Sorry if I am bothering with too many questions. I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find relevant posts. If someone could point me to any good source on this information that would be great. Appreciate your time.

Sam

Thanks for the reply scatcat. So I-140 approval comes to the residence address one specifies on I-140 then! Obviously the employer's address is the safest bet. What if I want to change that address after I have applied for I-140? Is it very troublesome!