What type of money order?

Publicus

Registered Users (C)
I just reread the NVC paperwork and they said that all money orders must be from a US bank. Do they accept money orders from the US postal Service?

I'm sure they do. However IMHO its better to write a check, which is easier for your to track if they have cashed it than a money order.

dr_lha said:
I'm sure they do. However IMHO its better to write a check, which is easier for your to track if they have cashed it than a money order.

I don't think they accept personal checks. Only money orders or Cashier's checks. Please note that I am speaking about the National Visa Center here and not USCIS.

Publicus said:
I just reread the NVC paperwork and they said that all money orders must be from a US bank. Do they accept money orders from the US postal Service?

Hi Pub -

I sent US postal orders whenever I had to send a fee to NVC, after checking with them. US postal orders are fine.

jenimmi said:
Hi Pub -

I sent US postal orders whenever I had to send a fee to NVC, after checking with them. US postal orders are fine.

Thanks Jen. That's what I used.

i used personal checks and is better to use them since if there is a problem, you could get a copy or the actual check from your bank.

TheInquisitor said:
i used personal checks and is better to use them since if there is a problem, you could get a copy or the actual check from your bank.

As pub mentioned before, I don't think NVC accepts personal checks.