what to wear for an interview

maverick17

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am wondering if someone can also put some light on what is the best attire for an interview.
My wife is from India so would it be good to wear India suits or wear western cloths.

Thxs

My wife and I, will wear business casual clothes.

It is my understanding that if you wear:

Jeans & Tshirt = you appear like you two do not have enough money to support each other, hence become a burden to the US government eventually.

Full Armany suit = you are trying to hard.

So, anything in between that will be fine, whether it is from India or US. :)

My two cents!

My wife and I, will wear business casual clothes.

It is my understanding that if you wear:

Jeans & Tshirt = you appear like you two do not have enough money to support each other, hence become a burden to the US government eventually.

Full Armany suit = you are trying to hard.

So, anything in between that will be fine, whether it is from India or US. :)

My two cents!

Hi!

I wore a pair of black linen pants and a cotton t-shirt (a plain green girl T-shirt). My husband wore a linen shirt and some beige pants. My advice is that both of you should go coordinated. What I mean is that, it would be bad if one of you was dressing really casual and the other one really dressy.

I am 26 years old and a student, so i thought that it wasn't natural for me to wear a suit.

Think about the whole package, both you and your wife, and don't worry too much. Good luck!

Business casual is the best bet.
It does not matter what you wear as long as you are comfortable in them.
regarding western if your wife wear western clothes , yes then let her wear those.Although it shouldnt matter to the officer , it does stand out if you are wearing Indian clothes and that would make your wife more conscious and that would then not be comfortable for her.

OP, according to my reading, you should wear something the supports the objective of the interview, which is to prove you have a bonafide marriage. So wear something that a family man/woman would wear, something showing a sense of responsiblity, maturity, and financial support capability. Of course it would help if the clothes you wear make you feel comfortable/confident for the interview. I think what others suggested here would work fine.

Guess I'll be losing the jeans and T-shirt myself for one day. :D

Good question... Hmm. Maybe the matching husband and wife aloha shirts, board shorts, and flip flops isn't good? Ha. 1 week til my (our) interview!

I wore a pair of jeans, a shirt and a pair of dress shoes. i wouldnt over do it. i wish i wore my hawaiian shirt. it would have been nice.
IS