What to take to the interview?

cider_or

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,sorry, i know this has been discussed before, but it doesn't hurt to have recent experiences added to the threads.
I probably be going to the USCIS office for the interview this week, what do i need to take with me as far as number of photos ...etc?
I do not have I-94 that has asylee stamp on it (Ihave the very first one when i came with B visa)
I have a valid EAD and driver license.

thanks

cider_or said:
Hi guys,sorry, i know this has been discussed before, but it doesn't hurt to have recent experiences added to the threads.
I probably be going to the USCIS office for the interview this week, what do i need to take with me as far as number of photos ...etc?
I do not have I-94 that has asylee stamp on it (Ihave the very first one when i came with B visa)
I have a valid EAD and driver license.

thanks
If you have a passport bring it but it is a bad idea to do so. Also bring 3 and not 2 pictures. you also have to bring your letter and 2 pieces of id such as your driver license and social security. But wait, what interview? there is usually no interview. You will just meet an employee someone who will finger print you and will give you a form called I-551. one thing to do: GO EARLY BECAUSE IF YOU DO NOT YOU MAY SPEND THE WHOLE DAY THERE. Good luck

I had an interview last week 07/07 and finally I foind out what happened to my case, why it took them so long.
INS first sent my case to Vermont in 2000, after my first fingerprints then in 2002 they found it and sent back to Nebraska, and I was called for second FP, in sept 2003 they scheduled my husband for interview , but he was not a principal applicant, he is derivative as is my children, they find it out on interview in the local office, after that they separated my son for being age-out . We made a request and they return his case back to ours. Anyway, it is a long and sad story, this is way I didn’t make any posts for so long, I had nothing to tell you guys.
Officer said that she takes vacation for two weeks , it was her last day before vacation (Lucky me, as usual!) and when she will be back, she’ll make update on my case. She is still not sure about my son’s case.
Just FYI- applied for asylum 1992
Granted 1997 by BIA
I-485 Sept 1998
3 times fingerprinted
And ??????

I will be glad to answer all your questions

irina

Irina_C said:
I had an interview last week 07/07 and finally I foind out what happened to my case, why it took them so long.
INS first sent my case to Vermont in 2000, after my first fingerprints then in 2002 they found it and sent back to Nebraska, and I was called for second FP, in sept 2003 they scheduled my husband for interview , but he was not a principal applicant, he is derivative as is my children, they find it out on interview in the local office, after that they separated my son for being age-out . We made a request and they return his case back to ours. Anyway, it is a long and sad story, this is way I didn’t make any posts for so long, I had nothing to tell you guys.
Officer said that she takes vacation for two weeks , it was her last day before vacation (Lucky me, as usual!) and when she will be back, she’ll make update on my case. She is still not sure about my son’s case.
Granted 1997 by BIA
I-485 Sept 1998
3 times fingerprinted
And ??????

irina

Irina,

I thought the Child Status Protection Act covers your son and he should be fine.

Irina_C said:
Granted 1997 by BIA
I-485 Sept 1998
3 times fingerprinted
And ??????

irina
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. You know, when I watched the recent movie "The Terminal," I was reminded with the deleterious effect of dealing with stupid government officials. The main government official in the movie clearly depicted the typical incompetent immigration official. He reflected a character that represents the empty, the robotic, bureaucratic, and sick life of these folks. I strongly recommend the movie for those who did not watch it to see how bureaucracy can almost ruin lives. I was so fortunate that they did not mess up my file but my shrewd lawyer takes full credit for that. Wish you luck Irina in your plight

husband as derivative status

Hi Irina.

When you applied for I-485, did you put your husband as a person who apply with you ? is it the same status as derivative ? when I applied I -485 in nov 2000, I was the principal applicant and my husband as a person who applied with me ( on section 2 on the form). I received a FP notice only for me without anything for him, I called the INS regarding his status and asking why he did not get the FP notice. According to them, he has to apply on his own. as a result I just submitted I-485 for him in april 2004.
Thanks

Question for Irina and Asylee99

I have the case like Asylee99

Granted asylum 02/98
I-485 RD 09/01
FP 06/04
FP schedule 7/14

My husband case:
Granted asylum 03/00

When I applied for adjustment, I used one form (I485) but I attached all documents for both because I thought we can only use 1 form since on the application there is a section where you can mark for you spouse. (... I mark yes for this question .." is your spouse applying with you ?,...)
It is confusing me now since I received a notice for FP and my husband did not. He applied again on 4/04

Please replay if you have the same case like this
Thanks

jw1951 said:
Irina,

I thought the Child Status Protection Act covers your son and he should be fine.

I am totally lost.
Since I’ve been waiting for this ( GC approval ) for so many years, I decided to hire a lawyer . we came to the interview and officer said that she thinks my son will be cover , but she will need to talk to her supervisor. Probably she didn’t get a chance to do it before her vacation or her knows why …Anyway, my lawyer just called me and said she thinks we need to file for him nunc pro tunc I am trying to understand why do we have to do it,
I spent two hours browsing the web, and still don’t have an answer..
She thinks not filing this will delay decision on his case, or…maybe she just want me to pay more? Who knows, to be honest, I don’t care anymore, I am so unlucky with all this (waiting years) that I want this to be over
irina

asylee99 said:
Hi Irina.

When you applied for I-485, did you put your husband as a person who apply with you ? is it the same status as derivative ? when I applied I -485 in nov 2000, I was the principal applicant and my husband as a person who applied with me ( on section 2 on the form). I received a FP notice only for me without anything for him, I called the INS regarding his status and asking why he did not get the FP notice. According to them, he has to apply on his own. as a result I just submitted I-485 for him in april 2004.
Thanks
When I filed I-485 I included all my family (my husband and children). As I said before, we were fingerprinted 3 times for the past four years. Then, he was schedulled for interview before me (last year, Sep 09). Now, who knows where is hos case. Oficer, who interviewed me thinks that his case is still at local office, if not , then they will start look for it. I will not be surpised if it was sent to TX, NJ ( i am in CA)

Irina

Asyle12 said:
I have the case like Asylee99

Granted asylum 02/98
I-485 RD 09/01
FP 06/04
FP schedule 7/14

My husband case:
Granted asylum 03/00

When I applied for adjustment, I used one form (I485) but I attached all documents for both because I thought we can only use 1 form since on the application there is a section where you can mark for you spouse. (... I mark yes for this question .." is your spouse applying with you ?,...)
It is confusing me now since I received a notice for FP and my husband did not. He applied again on 4/04

Please replay if you have the same case like this
Thanks
I filed one form for each individual in my family. I don't know was it right or wrong, but i did it in Aug 1998