What to expect when PD becomes current?

thanks much marlon2006!!

i did what you advised: searched the right representative and contacted his office just now. they told me that there is indeed a procedure for uscis inquiries and that i need to send them a letter, which i will be drafting tonight.

once they put in the inquiry, any idea how long it usually take to get a response?

also i am worried that they will tell the congressman the same thing they told me: that vsc is currently processing 08/08/2005 cases and that although my pd has been current for months i only applied for 485 in june. any ideas??

marlon2006 said:
Your PD 06/2001 and you are still waiting ?!
Search the phone number for the respective House of Representative in your state. They have a form and procedure in place to start an inquiry to USCIS. Hurry up ! Don't wait one more day on this.

foret1 said:
also i am worried that they will tell the congressman the same thing they told me: that vsc is currently processing 08/08/2005 cases and that although my pd has been current for months i only applied for 485 in june. any ideas??
Seems like your case is stuck in "name check". Search the forum for other threads on "name check" to find out what to do. You'll probably need to get the Congressman to push USCIS/FBI to expedite the namecheck.

Congrats AlterEgo!

Congrats AlterEgo. Which day in May is your Priority Date? Can you please be specific? I am May 15,2002 and I am wondering when mine will be done! Thanks!

Wait a second:
You will need a current PD and a current processing time. If VSC is processing August 2005 cases and you applied for I-485 on June 2006, then the Congressman will most likely decline your inquiry.

foret1 said:
thanks much marlon2006!!

i did what you advised: searched the right representative and contacted his office just now. they told me that there is indeed a procedure for uscis inquiries and that i need to send them a letter, which i will be drafting tonight.

once they put in the inquiry, any idea how long it usually take to get a response?

ouch! so i guess no point in writing that letter...

i was searching on the forum and read somewhere that "INS has been saying that it takes 90 days after priority date becoming current for them to process the app."

since in my case it has been more than 90 days, do i have any ground for inquiry???

marlon2006 said:
Wait a second:
You will need a current PD and a current processing time. If VSC is processing August 2005 cases and you applied for I-485 on June 2006, then the Congressman will most likely decline your inquiry.

I don't think so.
You really need to pass the processing times as well. Too bad to see that VSC is so behind.

foret1 said:

i was searching on the forum and read somewhere that "INS has been saying that it takes 90 days after priority date becoming current for them to process the app."

since in my case it has been more than 90 days, do i have any ground for inquiry???

foret1 said:

I didn't read your sig. I didn't realize you just filed I-485 in June and did fingerprints this July. With that, I don't think you can legitimately expect anything to happen regarding I-485 approval until next year.

oh well, i guess i will sit and wait :confused: :( :mad:

thanks a lot for your responses marlon2006 and Jackolantern!

Jackolantern said:
I didn't read your sig. I didn't realize you just filed I-485 in June and did fingerprints this July. With that, I don't think you can legitimately expect anything to happen regarding I-485 approval until next year.

485 approved

Got email from USCIS, 485 approved for myself. But my wife didn't get approval notice, she got finger print notice by mail instead. Her finger had expired. Don't know how much longer for her. any idea?

PD: May17 2002. 485 RD July2003

Anyone else got the approval notice please post??? Thanks!

ouneal said:
Got email from USCIS, 485 approved for myself. But my wife didn't get approval notice, she got finger print notice by mail instead. Her finger had expired. Don't know how much longer for her. any idea?

PD: May17 2002. 485 RD July2003

Yep - game,set,match here

Approval email 11/8
LUD 11/9
Welcome Letter 11/13
Physical cards 11/15

Now on to the next section of this web site ..