What to expect after filing N400

testboy

Registered Users (C)
Hi all found this forum to be very helpful. I just files my N400 and am very norvous about the process. I dont feel too comfortable about my case cause i had a lot of travel and not working since 2008, besides that i dont have any thing else. but i will cross that road when it come.

Anyways my case. mail application June 28th 2010. Checked cashed and got receipt July 10.

I would like to know what should i expect next. I know its finger print but how the process works and what docs would i need for that. How long should i expect to get noticed for the finger print. what the normal time line for this. live in orlando fl. If i could get an estimate. I have my wife and child live in Can and so i want to plan my self because i have to go visit them. i dont want to go and then witin a week i get noticed.

anyways any ideas what i should expect and is there anything i can do in the mean while to make this process go as smooth as possible.

thank you

We are in Orlando, and my daughters time line is in my signature. you probably have plenty of time to arrange a trip. All you need for the FP appointment is the letter, green card, and ID

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all found this forum to be very helpful. I just files my N400 and am very norvous about the process. I dont feel too comfortable about my case cause i had a lot of travel and not working since 2008, besides that i dont have any thing else. but i will cross that road when it come.

Being employed is NO requirement for citizenship. There is nothing wrong if you were without a job.
Speaking about traveling – you were FREE to travel as well – as long as you kept your permanent residency in US. Up to 6 months no problem at all.

Any absence over 6 months up to 1 year might bring some difficulties – but you can successfully overcome them if you can prove that you didn’t abandon your residence in US. Anyhow, it is advisable to ask for lawyer assistance in such case.