What to do

ju58

Registered Users (C)
I did receive my intervie letter today for an interview date in mid-November. Unfortunately I will be on a business trip that I cannot change.

What do I need to do to reschedule my interview - where do I need to call and/or send a letter? Any idea about the possible delay due to the reschedule?

Thanks for any help and advice...

JU58

ju58 said:
I did receive my intervie letter today for an interview date in mid-November. Unfortunately I will be on a business trip that I cannot change.

What do I need to do to reschedule my interview - where do I need to call and/or send a letter? Any idea about the possible delay due to the reschedule?

Thanks for any help and advice...

JU58

You need to write to the district office and ask them to reschedule the interview.

Much better to reschedule your trip though....

I agree with boatbod- it will be better to reschedule your trip rather than your appointment with USCIS. You waited a long time for this.

This is my 2c.

I have no idea what is your bus. trip about, but you should do 100% effort to re-schedule it or arrange replacement or something. Be creative!

Let me give you an illustration.

If your bus. trip is something like you are travelling with CEO to negotiate $5bn deal covered by all major press where you are major player in this deal ....then.....sure re-schedule your USCIS interview.

Otherwise, forget it.

USCIS interview is not like an appointment with hairdresser, and rescheduling will put you off the track significantly.

My friendly advice: do not play with this.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trip - reschedule

The trip is important and complicated since it involves meetings and negotiations with other companies. Rescheduling the trip is close to impossible.

I was reading in the forum last night and read about some experiences about reschedule that were not that bad - had those people just luck or did things change?

What is your experience?

JU58

ju58 said:
The trip is important and complicated since it involves meetings and negotiations with other companies. Rescheduling the trip is close to impossible.

I was reading in the forum last night and read about some experiences about reschedule that were not that bad - had those people just luck or did things change?

What is your experience?

JU58

You should talk to your District Office, explain them your situation and ask for a specific interview date or time period. If they reschedule according to how you want it, then you don't have to worry about anything. Just take your trip.