• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

What to do when I found a mistake on my application form sent to KCC

tamachandesu

Registered Users (C)
I am a winner of DV-2008 from Japan and will do CP.
Would you please tell me if I can contact KCC to tell that I made a mistake of typing the date of studying in the US, e.g. 12-1998 as 04-1998, on the application forms I submitted to KCC already and correct it? Someone told me that KCC might consider this as a substantial change in my application. What should I do for this problem? Can I hire a lawyer to deal with this kind of thing? Is it okay to tell the interviewer that I made a mistake on my appliation form when I am called? I would appreciate your kind advice.

Write them an email an tell them exactly what you like to correct. Include your CN and date of birth.

I am a winner of DV-2008 from Japan and will do CP.
Would you please tell me if I can contact KCC to tell that I made a mistake of typing the date of studying in the US, e.g. 12-1998 as 04-1998, on the application forms I submitted to KCC already and correct it? Someone told me that KCC might consider this as a substantial change in my application. What should I do for this problem? Can I hire a lawyer to deal with this kind of thing? Is it okay to tell the interviewer that I made a mistake on my appliation form when I am called? I would appreciate your kind advice.

Dear friend

1. Prepare another blank copy of your form.
2. Fill it out with the correct info.
3. Send it to KCC again.
4. Email KCC and tell them about your mistakes and about your new
sent forms and ask them to update/correct your files as soon as they
recieve your papers.
5. After 20 days email them again to inquire about your file updating(to be
sure it's recieved and corrected.)
That's all :)

Hope it helps and good luck

Tazmania and gr8ideaman,
Thank you for your kind information. I fell much better after reading your comments. I'll contact KCC as you suggested.
Thanks again.

I wont send new forms, unless KCC telling you to do it.

I corrected my wifes case with a simple email and they respond that the case was updated.

Tazmania,

Your comment is very helpful! I was wondering whether I need to sell all forms to KCC, including the revised page. So, I'll prepare an e-mail request for correction. I just wanted to make me sure if it is not against a rule to ask KCC to update my application. Thanks!

I wont send new forms, unless KCC telling you to do it.

I corrected my wifes case with a simple email and they respond that the case was updated.

Dear Tazmania (Aussie)

this is the KCC's reply to me :

Thank you for your inquiry

Please complete the forms DS 230 Part I, DS 230 Part II, and DSP 122 with the correct information. Once received at KCC, the information will be included in your case file for review.

Kentucky Consular Center
3505 N Highway 25W
Williamsburg, KY 40769 USA
Phone: (606) 526 7500
Fax: (606) 526 7501
E-mail: KCCDV@state.gov
www.travel.state.gov

hope it helps

gr8ideaman,
I really appreciate your attention to my case. Would you tell me if I can download forms (DS-230 I&II and DSP 122) from US gov/immgir. site and fill them out with the correct information? Would it possible that I send KCC only the correct information that was written in the attachment to DS-230 I and DSP 122? Thanks again for your assistance in this matter.

Dear Tazmania (Aussie)

this is the KCC's reply to me :

Thank you for your inquiry

Please complete the forms DS 230 Part I, DS 230 Part II, and DSP 122 with the correct information. Once received at KCC, the information will be included in your case file for review.

Ok, they told you to send new forms.

In my wifes case, we sent them the detailed addresses of her schools and they told us they have updated the case. But I have the suspicion the did nothing because that information are not from any interested for them ;)

@tamachandesu
Which points do you need to correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
gr8ideaman,
I really appreciate your attention to my case. Would you tell me if I can download forms (DS-230 I&II and DSP 122) from US gov/immgir. site and fill them out with the correct information? Would it possible that I send KCC only the correct information that was written in the attachment to DS-230 I and DSP 122? Thanks again for your assistance in this matter.

Dear tamachandesu
of course you can download the forms from the site, the address you need is in my signature(the first one). yes i think it's ok that you send them only the corrected areas/papers but if i were u i'd sent all forms again for sure! the first thing i learnt in this forum is :BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY! .
Good luck and please inform us of the result

Tazmania and gr8ideaman,

As you suggested, I'll contact KCC by e-mail telling that I have discovered the errors in my application materials and asking what I should do to correct the errors. I'll wait for their reply, then I'll take a necessary action. So, it is okay to e-mail to KCC about the errors?
But thanks for your kind advice!

I am one of the 2008 winner. Please whose name will appear on the Petitioner in my wife and daughter's forms. Is it mine, the Principal Applicant or theirs. I filled in my names on mine form and theirs on their form. Please advise me.
I really want to chat with MODEST.
Thanks and God bless you good people.
J Cloud

I am one of the 2008 winner. Please whose name will appear on the Petitioner in my wife and daughter's forms. Is it mine, the Principal Applicant or theirs. I filled in my names on mine form and theirs on their form. Please advise me.
J Cloud

Dear friend

If you just did a quick and simple search in the forum u could find hundreds of post regarding PETITIONER MEANING.
please take a look at this thread : specially my post in the middle.:) http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=250496
Good luck

J Cloud

Dear friend

If you just did a quick and simple search in the forum u could find hundreds of post regarding PETITIONER MEANING.
please take a look at this thread : specially my post at the end of the page.:) http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=250496
Good luck

I am a 2008 lottery winner with number 18xxxx, Before I and my wife filled up the forms, we asked to a lawyer friend of mine, even asked a former immigration officer about the petitioner line which was confusing for both of us, they both told us to write N/A which we did. When I called KCC to confirm my status, they said everthing looks ok just check after august 15 for the uptades... I honestly think even if my wife had to put my name as petitioner, the mistake is not a big deal.What matters is that we filled all the other lines correct..at least we think so...and the real decision will be given by the consular during the interview...My question is this...should I call kcc about this matter or not..is it really worth it....thanks for your opinion

I wont contact KCC in that case, because the Petitioner field does not effect the application in any way.

Correction

HI....

Does anybody know whether kcc replace or correct the corrected copy of the forms that i sent ?do they correct them or replace ....?because sometimes it has got a lots of correction!?