What to do? Please help.

erwinespi

Registered Users (C)
I got a trip for more than 6mos but less than a year during my 5 years as a GC holder. How can I prove that I didn't break my continuous residence if my reason for all my trips is for me to finish my studies? Plus, I don't have any income to file for tax since I'm only a student. But my immediate family are here in US except for my dad and they are now US citizens from being a GC holder. I never had any job/employment while abroad. All I need is to finish my school over there since school here in US is quite expensive. How will my situation applies on filing for US citizenship? And what documents/proofs do I need to show to support my reason that I didn't break my continuous residence?

Please help me on this guys. Thanks for your time.

Show the interviewer some proof that you were studying during that 6+ month trip, and that your parents were living in the US at that time and were financially supporting you.

No, consult with an immigration consultant instead of a lawyer. I am damn sure, an immigration consultant can easily assist you regarding your issue.