what to do if pcc not receive from cgny after 35-40 days?

TAZ

Registered Users (C)
hello!I have applied for pcc from cgny on dec.4,2001...My RPO is ahmedabad...now last friday i.e.on jan.11(after almost 35days)I personally go there and asked about pcc status they told me to inquire next week...every time on phone also they are saying same to inquire next week...I don\'t know what to do?
What is the law?I read somewhere that if thy don\'t hear anything from rpo within 40 days,they have to compulsory issue pcc...Is it true?please help if anyone knows about this...
thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CGNY - automatic PCC issued after 30 days

called up CGNY today - PCC applied Dec 7, i was told that i could have come any day after Jan 7 to get my PCC. Goin the morning to submit the passport and take it back in the evening.
Hope it helps...BTW i\'ll be going to CGNy this week give an update on that...k..Good Luck...

I spent 3 hours at CGNY

this morning ...
They kept saying that they will wait 40-45 days until they hear from India .
Finally they agreed to let me meet the consular ..but called me back at 1 PM !! .
I could not possibly spend all day there .
I ll try again on Wednesday. I ll probbaly have to take the day off.

BTW i applied for my wifes PCC on Dec 12th, for mine this morning.
I ll have to go back to cgny at 5 now , to pick it up.

I really got so frustrated this morning .. they kept insisting that they have to wait for 10days more.
I have a feeling the conslar would have agreed .unfortunately i could not spend all day there.

sorry to hear that

CGNY was keep telling everybody so far that they will issue PCC after 30 days fax go out to RPO in India and they don\'t hear anything back from RPO.. but didn\'t know that they change policy now to wait for 40 days.. I was hoping to get after 20th jan as fax went out on 20th Dec..

I also asked lawyer at sheela murthy.. what are my options if I dont get PCC. she replied it depends.. chances are they will ask you to produce to them at later point (i mean after coming to US) and won\'t stop GC for that.. hope it will work that way..

No Title

Do you have to submit passport for the PCC?
Anyway, looks like I will not get the PCC before my date of Feb 14. Can a friend collect the PCC and Fedex it to me in India. Does that work?
Is it possible to do something at regional passport office to expedite the process once they receive the fax/telex for PCC ?

Thank you guys for sharing the info you have. Hope thing works out for everyone

You can submit photocopy ...

at the time of application but when they issue pcc they stamped it on passport so it will be not possible for someone to pick up from here ......
you can expedite from RPO to send fax here and once it will be received here they will have no problem to issue pcc from here...