What to do if I-485 is denied?

xudongf

Registered Users (C)
I got I-140 through EB-1(b) outstanding researcher sponsored by my first employer. After I-485 filed for two years, I left this company for the 2nd one. I wonder once my first I-485 is denied, what should I do? Can I file another I-140 sponsored by the second employer?

???

Why do you think your 485 will be rejected ? Is it because you changed employers ?? I am not expert at law but can't you file for AC21 ? I mean if the job functions are the same you can switch the employer. And you can always change the lawyer.
If there is another problem for which you think you can be denied, then you have to tell what the other problem is.

But INS normally sends Intent To Deny before they deny. You can hire a different lawyer and reply to that with enough evidence.

I am switching from industry (research engineer) to academia (assistant professor). I am trying to use AC21, but was told it may have some problems since the job title and duty is "different". But I can always argue both jobs in industry and academia need to the same or similar skills.
I am asking I-485 denial question just to see what I need to do next.
Thank you.

Best of luck. As far as I know the job functions should match. For GC, you define what is the position. And then you prove that your skills match the requirement. Not the other way around. I am not sure just because you use the same skills, you can use switch the job. But talk to an attorney anyway....

I am not switching employers but my employer is not paying me the salary which was stated in the LC application.Can my I-485 be denied for low salary?
Please advise.