What to Do after travelling on AP

akaman

Registered Users (C)
Page 3 of AP document says that presentation of this document will resume my AOS processing on return to USA.

I entered USA on AP through SFO on 7/16/02.

Do I need to do some thing else to start or resume my AOS processing?

RD 6/01
ND 7/01
FP not yet

0n E-nairobi.COm --- AKA

The experience on travelling on AP.. very smooth. At all boarding places (including transit points) I had to show original AP instead of my VISA.

At port of entry, I said I am travelling on AP at the immigration counter. He send me directly for secondary inspection. I gave my AP papers and passport. No other papers. In 10 - 15 minutes the officer gave my wife's and my passport, with I - 94 attached saying admitted till -- In def.

I do not think you need to do anything.

If INS knows you were traveling and hold you case there, then it also would know you have returned and automatically resume the processing.

Or they do not know anything about whether you are outside the country or already returned back and your case is not affacted at all.

Either way, you do not need to do anything. This is my understanding. AM I right?

Secondary Inspection AP

I have heard lot of people mention that if they use AP to re-enter they are directed to a separate office. However, I re-entered in Houston in 2000 and I-94 was processed at the gate itself and not in any other place.