What the I/Os are saying today

greynicolls

Registered Users (C)
just for the heck of it lets track n discuss what these ppl r saying now...

I called at 9:10 AM Eastern time. Call was answered in 30 seconds. Very polite I/O. Said your case is now with an officer.

n e clue what that means ?

Extended Review

Connected right away to NSC, 9:30 EST. Apparently my case is under extended review and isn't eligible under the new memo. Memo only applies to NC pending cases.
It hasn't been assigned to an officer and may take another 6 months to complete "extended review"

Extended Review

Connected right away to NSC, 9:30 EST. Apparently my case is under extended review and isn't eligible under the new memo. Memo only applies to NC pending cases.
It hasn't been assigned to an officer and may take another 6 months to complete "extended review"

I wonder, how is it possible to have case under Extended Review if case is not assigned to anybody :D

Who is doing Extended Review ?

I think that Extended Review is another trick of USCIS to make excuse.

That's what I asked her. She said that it was not. Earlier when I called I was transferred to NCSC to level 2 I guess and she told me that my case was received by NSC (transferred from TSC) but not in the adjudications area.
Extended Review is a mystery, I categorically asked her if it is not FP, IBIS or NC what is it? She of course wasn't sure.
I wonder, how is it possible to have case under Extended Review if case is not assigned to anybody :D

Who is doing Extended Review ?

I think that Extended Review is another trick of USCIS to make excuse.

Can you tell me what extended review means?? I am stuck in administrative review at a local office. Eight months ago my congressman made an inquiry and found out that my case was stuck in background check. Last month I made another congressional inquiry and found out that my case is under administrative review. They can't tell me the nature of the review.
What does administrative review mean and is it linked to name check??
Can anyone shed some light on this??

Some movement by mid May...

Just got of the phone with IO at Nebraska SC. Officer told me that until mid May there will be no updates.
He did not asked any of my personal information, I just told him that I'm calling to get the status of my I-485 and that it was pending FBI NC.
Gentlemen sounded frustrated, but polite. He asked me when was the last time I did status inquiry, but without waiting for my answer explained, that they will not have any updates this month, as expected earlier (I did not mentioned anything about March 10 etc.), but by mid May there should be some movement.
I tried to politely ask what is the current status of my I-485 - again was told that I should not expect anything new till mid May and that "it all needs more time".
It all was more monologue that conversation...I guess he had a lot of similar calls today.

My I-485 is pending from 2003, EB3 RoW.

It must be Bill, try tomorrow!
Just got of the phone with IO at Nebraska SC. Officer told me that until mid May there will be no updates.
He did not asked any of my personal information, I just told him that I'm calling to get the status of my I-485 and that it was pending FBI NC.
Gentlemen sounded frustrated, but polite. He asked me when was the last time I did status inquiry, but without waiting for my answer explained, that they will not have any updates this month, as expected earlier (I did not mentioned anything about March 10 etc.), but by mid May there should be some movement.
I tried to politely ask what is the current status of my I-485 - again was told that I should not expect anything new till mid May and that "it all needs more time".
It all was more monologue that conversation...I guess he had a lot of similar calls today.

My I-485 is pending from 2003, EB3 RoW.

who is Bill? i called ONLY ONCE, 1.5 years ago, talked to one very frustrated male, had a spirited conversation with him and vowed never called INS again.. and never did.. is BILL some sort of a legend over there and I had bad luck getting him?

I called him around the same time today as you did and he gave me same scripted answer. No I don't know if he is known. Different IIO have different work shifts so depending on the time of the day you will get different person. He won't take my receipt # or talk about my case but in generalities about how many cases are there eligible under the memo blah blah.
who is Bill? i called ONLY ONCE, 1.5 years ago, talked to one very frustrated male, had a spirited conversation with him and vowed never called INS again.. and never did.. is BILL some sort of a legend over there and I had bad luck getting him?

I called around noon and was asked to follow the instructions on my previous SR -- wait 6 months before calling again..

An IIO recommended to open an SR and said that they are not checking the status of individual cases. Apparently they were receiving lot of calls for status inquiries into pending I-485 subject to memo. He said that check after April 30, 2008 without actually asking me for any case specific information.

I called 5 times and got reply. everything is okay and VISA numbers are not available. so we can't how BS it is......

call in May....

dice12
EB3 - PD 01
COUNTRY = INDIA
I-485 AD?? 2012??

I called 5 times and got reply. everything is okay and VISA numbers are not available. so we can't how BS it is......

call in May....

dice12
EB3 - PD 01
COUNTRY = INDIA
I-485 AD?? 2012??

Today I called and IIO told me that my case even not assigned to Officer. It will take 90 days to assigned to officer. She also said PD don't matter but only RD. They don't care if PD is 2001. What's use of making VB current if USCIS don't look in box and our cases still getting dust. What a hack!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
March 14, 2008, NSC IIO:
When asked about I-485 status, she replied: "It is undergoing "internal security checks" and will not be assigned to an officer until the "internal security checks" are done. No time estimate on how long they will take". Earlier was told it is under "extended review"

I called couple of days back and was told that they initiated a new background check because they just recieved by RFE evidence. Does this mean every time they recieve evidence they will start a new background check. I have been waiting for 4 years now.

I am calling NSC but unable to get pass their automated system. Can someone please tell me how can I speak to an I/O. Thanks.

1800-375-5283, 1,2,2,6,1- Receipt #, 1, 1 when automated status message starts playing, press 3 followed by 4, it will say welcome to Nebraska or Texas Service center

I am calling NSC but unable to get pass their automated system. Can someone please tell me how can I speak to an I/O. Thanks.