What the hell (RFE)

Silly Man

Volunteer moderator
Ok, I just read in my RFE that INS has asked for the tax returns of my company for 2002 also.

My company (ex-company now) hasn't filed 2002 returns yet .. (asked for extension).

What do I do?

I heard about similiar kind of RFE and even his company filed for the extension. I think his company submitted copy of the extension forms. But now as u changed your company, I think its better if you submit your current company's tax returns along with AC21 letter. Good Luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I just read in my RFE that INS has asked for the tax returns of my company for 2002 also.

My company (ex-company now) hasn't filed 2002 returns yet .. (asked for extension).

What do I do?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

get current company tax return and send it.

what happend to your finger print? did you already completed?
man, ins guys are terrible. you got rfe couple of weeks back right?

apart from tax return, what else they asked?

In my RFE, they mentioned the company name, so I have to submit that company's letters, not the new company.

Yes I did my FP, apparently I am still not a terrorist.

Originally posted by CS485
I heard about similiar kind of RFE and even his company filed for the extension. I think his company submitted copy of the extension forms. But now as u changed your company, I think its better if you submit your current company's tax returns along with AC21 letter. Good Luck.

What was the result of your RFE submission? And when did you submit it?

I thought Aug 15th was deadline for filing (with extension).

Besides why the hell can't BCIS get this info from IRS?

RFEs... fucking horse shit!

Don't worry, the AC21 has probably not gotten through their thick skulls. Send them:
1. Your old companies documentation for extension of 2002 returns.
2. Copy of AC21 documentation, as well as a copy of the new companies 2002 tax filing. Should do the trick.

Good luck!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by CS485
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
What was the result of your RFE submission? And when did you submit it?
--------------------

His case was approved almost an year ago.

Did you inform INS

Sillyman,

Did you change your employer after filing 485 and if yes then did you inform INS about it?

Thanks.

SM send copy of 2002 extension .. this is perfectly valid as a bonus send the 2001 tax return of your old company for them to understand that it was a valid entity and not a ghost.

You should be ok. Don't develop cold feet like Ben :)

Was your old company, a small startup or a blue chip ?

Does it matter for bcis, why would they ask for tax filings of the employer .. btw, where do you get 'em .. :mad: :mad: :mad:

eventually .. answer -> Small.
Where -> From the company.

Soumy -> They asked specifically for the old employer.

SM, I want to give a stupid advice. Call National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283 about it.

Originally posted by Tasse
SM, I want to give a stupid advice. Call National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283 about it.

Hehe :). Y'know that would be the most logical thing to do, but you and I know that NCSC is so disconnected from BCIS, and their answers are so irresponsible, and lack any traceability or responsibility, that you can't rely on that.

SM.. thats what I told you send the 2001 tax return of Old Company and copy of 2002 extension request of the old company. Looks like you zipped through my earlier post without reading it:)

SM,

BCIS probably still expects you to be in the old company, since you never used AC21 to inform them.

Would it be possible for you to use AC21 now, inform BCIS about the job change and then send them the tax returns for the new employer?

All the best.

extra_dry_gin

SM .. Personally I have a feeling by reading the above posts the best would be ..

----------------------------------------
If you clearly indicate that you have shifted from Company A to B.

Comp A : Tax return 2001
Tax return 2002 - Not filed ( show some proof ex: letter from company)

Comp B : Tax Return 2002
-----------------------------------------

Sending these documents through your Lawyer might be even better. It will pose your case really genuine.

*** Have a word with Rajiv Khanna about this .. You are the moderator of this forum and he might know you personally too ( via email etc) .. take his expert advice *** .. my 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator: