What sort of awards are considered as one of the criteria?

kavitha6

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am fairly new to this fgroup and I would really appreciate if some one can help me with my question.

I have few awards or distinctions like
1) State merit schoarship for intermediate 10+2 (India)
2) Gold medal in my bacheors degree (India)
3) Junior Research Felowship Masters and PhD (India)
4) Travel award to a reputed international conference (Europe)
5) Young scientist Investigator award for a conference in USA

Can I use any of these to fulfil one of the criteria for EB1 category? How many awards are needed? is one sufficient?

Thanks in advance
Kavitha

5) Young scientist Investigator award for a conference in USA

only this one might count ... if you can show how is the selection procedure .. how many people selected each year !

#5 MAYBE IF YOU SHOW THE CRITERIA OF THIS AWARD, AND # OF PEOPLE WHO HAD BEEN AWARDED ARE ONLY A FRACTION THAT DISTINGUISHES U FROM THE HERD.

;)

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. Is a letter from the sponsorers explaining that the award was based on merit and quality of submitted abstract sufficient? I have a web page that show that 2 of us were selected? but cant really demonstarte how many applied...Is this ok?

Kavitha6
You can use all of them, but you need to clarify each of them. For example if you are talking about your historical achievements, make it look like a case to build on, suggesting a consistence track record of extraordinary achievements.
This helps you in two ways, 1) You are tuning immigration officer to think like this " this candidate had a very good track record, so based on what she had achieved previously, what she is showing now "scientist award" fits well with her caliber. 2) You don't know what an immigration officer is looking for, if it is so clear we will not be hear to discuss our applications, so my suggestion would be give them all. So the idea is to cater to the intellect of a "representative" immigration officer.
As you said that your are new, take a moment and look for very good posts on this site for preparing the application like support letters etc. You have come to the right place. Do lot of reading on this site.
here you can find almost everything, it is just a matter of time.
good luck
Rama

Thanks..

Hi Thanks for your response. I got some Idea and I will go through the discussions in the forum for better understanding of the process...