• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

What should we do after passing interview process ?

yernyern

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have won DV 2008 and just finish up my interview in Bangkok last week. However, still haven't received DV visa because i need to renew my passport and submit to US embassy next week.

Anybody can advice me, what should i do next ? I have known that they will issue DV visa for me to enter to US...
where should i go after that to change my status ?
Do i need another interview there? and Do i need to submit any document ? Because in Bangkok, i didn't submit any Supporting document...except all my bank statement from here.
Don't know if they would require any sponsoring from any resident or citizen from there?

Thank you

Kathy

Hello,

I have won DV 2008 and just finish up my interview in Bangkok last week. However, still haven't received DV visa because i need to renew my passport and submit to US embassy next week.

Anybody can advice me, what should i do next ? I have known that they will issue DV visa for me to enter to US...
Do i need another interview there? and Do i need to submit any document ? Because in Bangkok, i didn't submit any Supporting document...except all my bank statement from here.
Don't know if they would require any sponsoring from any resident or citizen from there?

Thank you

Kathy

Were you successful your visa interview? or got the word said "administrative processing"
If first, nothing to worry about.
Are you thai? CP in Bangkok?
Can you share your interview experience and document list to show?

If you get the visa, then you travel to the US with the immigrant visa. After that, the visa becomes a temporary greencard, meaning: you are a Lawful Permanent Resident (aka greencard holder) from the time you enter the US on. So no need to change your status.
You don't need to have a financial sponsor if you have shown proof that you have enough money yourself or already a job offer (or a combination). If they would not have been satisfied with what you showed them, they would have told you at the time of the interview to find a sponsor.

Thank you for information. I thought we have DV visa to enter US because they already cancel my 10 years B2 visa.. even though haven't give them my renew passport.

Yes, i am original Thai... I think i have already pass my interview, just wait to give them my renew passport this Monday. He wasn't ask me much as i expect. My question are 1. tell me your study experience and what is your plan after that. Probably my profile already convinced him because i have been working in US for almost 6 years and i am now leave of absent. I have all my paper work ready at the time i submitted even my leave of absent paper. I also ask him if i have renew my passport do i need to come back for interview. He said ' This is your interview, you don't need another interview' So i ask him if he already cancel my B2 visa, how do i enter to US ? he said to me that he will issue DV visa for entering.

That's why i have no idea of what to do next after enter to US...And i thought it was mentioned in preparing for sponsoring document, while i don't have one. Because i believe that i can be on my own with my child, since i just have to go back to work where i worked before and leave my child with her grandmother who already resident there.

That's it for my interview, nothing much.... i guess that's because i am quite ready for my document.

if you have more comment after interviewing process, feel free to let me know..

Thank you for information. I thought we have DV visa to enter US because they already cancel my 10 years B2 visa.. even though haven't give them my renew passport.

Yes, i am original Thai... I think i have already pass my interview, just wait to give them my renew passport this Monday. He wasn't ask me much as i expect. My question are 1. tell me your study experience and what is your plan after that. Probably my profile already convinced him because i have been working in US for almost 6 years and i am now leave of absent. I have all my paper work ready at the time i submitted even my leave of absent paper. I also ask him if i have renew my passport do i need to come back for interview. He said ' This is your interview, you don't need another interview' So i ask him if he already cancel my B2 visa, how do i enter to US ? he said to me that he will issue DV visa for entering.

That's why i have no idea of what to do next after enter to US...And i thought it was mentioned in preparing for sponsoring document, while i don't have one. Because i believe that i can be on my own with my child, since i just have to go back to work where i worked before and leave my child with her grandmother who already resident there.

That's it for my interview, nothing much.... i guess that's because i am quite ready for my document.

if you have more comment after interviewing process, feel free to let me know..

Thank you for your info.
I'm Thai either. I won DV2009 probably interview someday in Nov, Dec08.
Hope your process will be completed very soon.

Dear herrmeister0159,

Glad to heard you are also Thai who win Lotto, i never find one yet !

Well, i don't think your interview going to be that fast though. For me, i also receive the first package in August 2007, after i sent my first pacakge back. I have waited for the interviewing date, almost no hope. I have called KCC few times, but i do not expecting too much because half of candidate will be select out ( from 100,000 to have 55,000 )

I start to prepare document which can be in advance such as all paper work which need English translation such as ID, house registration, single prove ( if you are single and not yet married, this is also required) Education paper, Police certificate etc. Finally i receive the second notice which would contain interviewing date ( imagine i have received it in July this year) There will be 4-6 weeks notice before your interview date. At this time, i would prepare all my financial statement including from my parent support.

If i can be your assist, let me know na ka..

Kathy

Dear herrmeister0159,

Glad to heard you are also Thai who win Lotto, i never find one yet !

Well, i don't think your interview going to be that fast though. For me, i also receive the first package in August 2007, after i sent my first pacakge back. I have waited for the interviewing date, almost no hope. I have called KCC few times, but i do not expecting too much because half of candidate will be select out ( from 100,000 to have 55,000 )

I start to prepare document which can be in advance such as all paper work which need English translation such as ID, house registration, single prove ( if you are single and not yet married, this is also required) Education paper, Police certificate etc. Finally i receive the second notice which would contain interviewing date ( imagine i have received it in July this year) There will be 4-6 weeks notice before your interview date. At this time, i would prepare all my financial statement including from my parent support.

If i can be your assist, let me know na ka..

Kathy

Due to my case no. quite low. I've got first letter in April 08 in Bangkok. That's why I nearly expect the second letter between Nov or Dec 08.
I'm single and what document to prove it, do you know?
I think police certificate also mention about single.
My hope for this visa is just a dream, may be true or may not.
Sometime I feel hopless since only 50% chance.
I congratulate to you that your hope come true.
Kob Khun Mak Krab

Hey,

Well, if you think it's almost your time.... actually you can call KCC and ask for your interviewing date. I know my interviewing date by calling before i receive my package.

Single prove, you have to go to your subdistrict (เขต) and ask for Single certificate (ใบรับรองความเป็นโสด). You have to bring another 2 witnesses ( they won't prepare for you) They will interview those 2 witnesses for proving that you are really single, and will issue Single certificate for you. Then you need to make English translation. You won't get single prove from Police Certificate na ka.

Medical exam, you will have to get the form. When i get the 2nd package ( this July) it didn't come with any form and instruction is really really old. I have to walk into embassy with my interviewing paper asking for all detail. But actually you can also download from website. If you are in BKK, there are 2 hospital to choose from either Banrungrad or BNH, as adult it will cost you around 4,000-5,000 baht.

Once you have all document translate in English, you need to make 2 copies. One copy with original document submit during your interview and another copy keep it with yourself as reference.

And be prepared for question ' what will be your plan to do there?'

Don't know what else to say laew ka, if you have any queries just post it on this thread na ka...

Neung

Hey,

Well, if you think it's almost your time.... actually you can call KCC and ask for your interviewing date. I know my interviewing date by calling before i receive my package.

Single prove, you have to go to your subdistrict (เขต) and ask for Single certificate (ใบรับรองความเป็นโสด). You have to bring another 2 witnesses ( they won't prepare for you) They will interview those 2 witnesses for proving that you are really single, and will issue Single certificate for you. Then you need to make English translation. You won't get single prove from Police Certificate na ka.

Medical exam, you will have to get the form. When i get the 2nd package ( this July) it didn't come with any form and instruction is really really old. I have to walk into embassy with my interviewing paper asking for all detail. But actually you can also download from website. If you are in BKK, there are 2 hospital to choose from either Banrungrad or BNH, as adult it will cost you around 4,000-5,000 baht.

Once you have all document translate in English, you need to make 2 copies. One copy with original document submit during your interview and another copy keep it with yourself as reference.

And be prepared for question ' what will be your plan to do there?'

Don't know what else to say laew ka, if you have any queries just post it on this thread na ka...

Neung

ขอบคุณมากครับ ครั้งแรกนะครับเนี่ยที่ผมเห็นภาษาไทยในฟอรั่มนี้
I will check the visa bulletin evey month from now. If it current, I will definitly email to KCC or call.
For the education qualification, only bachelor degree required or from ประถม 1 - ม3 และก็ปวช พาณิชย์ 3 ปี + ปริญญาตรี หรือครับ
I have been working at the current company for 5 years. Do I have to be required for working certificate as an accountant as I wrote on form DSP-122 that I have 2 years experience?
พี่โดนฉีดวัคซีนด้วยรึเปล่าครับ
ขอบคุณมากครับ

I think you are lucky na nia !!
I just found this website after all my struggling....

I can tell that you work in the office because seem we are chating whole day today....55555. I am also working now as a market researcher.... Leave of absence from company in US at the moment.

Yep, you would need education from Pratom 1 - Barchelor degree, i mean show all your graduate certificates, even your transcript.

Me and my 2 years old daughter has physical exam at BNH, I have 4 injections including blood checking, while my daughter has 2 injections with 2 bear plaster tapes on.... Crying badly !! You scare of injection ror ?

Don't worried about your work experience, 5 years as an accounting i would says it's quite good profile that you have. But do you have any plan once you go there ? and what state will you be settle ?

I think you are lucky na nia !!
I just found this website after all my struggling....

I can tell that you work in the office because seem we are chating whole day today....55555. I am also working now as a market researcher.... Leave of absence from company in US at the moment.

Yep, you would need education from Pratom 1 - Barchelor degree, i mean show all your graduate certificates, even your transcript.

Me and my 2 years old daughter has physical exam at BNH, I have 4 injections including blood checking, while my daughter has 2 injections with 2 bear plaster tapes on.... Crying badly !! You scare of injection ror ?

Don't worried about your work experience, 5 years as an accounting i would says it's quite good profile that you have. But do you have any plan once you go there ? and what state will you be settle ?

You are right, I was working and seem chating at the same time a whole day. I've just come back from taking a nap and start working again at 6 pm. till midnight.

Yes I do, between LA. or NY.

Do you think that Affidevit of Support is really important for single?

I think when the time at interview, I would say I will go to LA to find out some kind of accounting job in hotel business since I have letter of recommendation from US citizen 5 years ago that I helped him to fix his laptop and now I think it may be valueable to convince the consular officer.

I'm a little bit scared of vaccinations as I know I had them since I was born but no profile to indicate.

Where do you stay in us.?
ขอบคุณครับ

Hi yernyern and herrmeister0159,

This is the fist time I see Thai font in this forum. I'm also Thai. Currently I'm living in the States. I'm a winner for current year, 2009. Since I need to stay in school for another year for my degree, I opt an AOS over CP process.

By the way, could you tell me your case number, hermeister0159? Mine is 52XX.

herrmeister0159 and neung,

Glad to see more Thais on this forum.

As far as the preparation for the interviewing document, I believe a prove of your marital status is not necessary. I am single, did not have any prove, and was not asked for the prove when I went on the interview.

Translation, only birth certificate is mentioned by an inside from the consular office to get translated. In fact, according to the instruction posted on BKK embassy website, translation is only required for the document not in either English or Thai. I only brought one extra copy of every document to the interview, they kept all of them and returned the original after the interview.

Education, the requirement on the instruction is that you finish HS level, so I do not think you need anything from primary school. The consular officer does know the education system in Thailand, i.e. a completion of HS is required before being accepted to the undergraduate level, so if you possess bachelor degree, they would not even look at your HS document.

No worries for medical exam, I did not have my vaccine record; they will give you any vaccine to the minimum requirement required by the instruction agreed upon between the hospital and consular office.

The best bet for you is that you have I-134. If not, make sure to demonstrate you have sufficient fund to live without a job for 6 months (can't remember where to look at the figure), have the abilities to secure a job in the US market, and would not become a public liability. These are all they care at the interview.

Good luck!

Hi yernyern,herrmeister0159, hpy, and FMFIA

So glad there are lots of Thai people in this forum. I am a newbie to this site and it seems like this post gathers Thai DV winners all together. I am just wondering how many Thai people are there in this forum. I also saw another Thai named Paulsiam in another forum. That is all I know so far. I am also among Thai dv2009 selectee but my CN is pretty high 19xxx. From the visa bulletin in October, AS is called only 2900. I have no idea when will be my turn. I hope anyone who is going for interview get all the best luck.

Anyway, may I ask you a few questions if you don't mind? can anyone share the interview experience? What kind of the affidavid of support do you use? have you ever heard any Thai dv selectee not been called for the interview or been rejected and why? Where do you go for document translation? Do you need to translate ใบเรียนทหาร ส.ด 9? (I ased this because on DS-230 part II, I answered yes in the military service and used the date of service and the rank (corporal) as stated in ใบเขียว ส.ด ต) Also, I'd like to know how far you prepare going to the US. Sorry to ask a lot of questions. I would be glad if any of you can provide me a bit information. For those who are going for interview, I wish you the best of luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi yernyern and herrmeister0159,

This is the fist time I see Thai font in this forum. I'm also Thai. Currently I'm living in the States. I'm a winner for current year, 2009. Since I need to stay in school for another year for my degree, I opt an AOS over CP process.

By the way, could you tell me your case number, hermeister0159? Mine is 52XX.

My case is 6,xxx, think that should be around Nov, Dec. I think HYP should come to Thailand to do CP istead if you can leave there becuz you probably current in Nov and not waste your time.

herrmeister0159 and neung,

Glad to see more Thais on this forum.

As far as the preparation for the interviewing document, I believe a prove of your marital status is not necessary. I am single, did not have any prove, and was not asked for the prove when I went on the interview.

Translation, only birth certificate is mentioned by an inside from the consular office to get translated. In fact, according to the instruction posted on BKK embassy website, translation is only required for the document not in either English or Thai. I only brought one extra copy of every document to the interview, they kept all of them and returned the original after the interview.

Education, the requirement on the instruction is that you finish HS level, so I do not think you need anything from primary school. The consular officer does know the education system in Thailand, i.e. a completion of HS is required before being accepted to the undergraduate level, so if you possess bachelor degree, they would not even look at your HS document.

No worries for medical exam, I did not have my vaccine record; they will give you any vaccine to the minimum requirement required by the instruction agreed upon between the hospital and consular office.

The best bet for you is that you have I-134. If not, make sure to demonstrate you have sufficient fund to live without a job for 6 months (can't remember where to look at the figure), have the abilities to secure a job in the US market, and would not become a public liability. These are all they care at the interview.

Good luck!

Thank you for your info.
Someone told me just bring the transcript and degree certification in english to do at the embassy but just in case, I will bring all of certificates, If they dont ask, I would not show them.
I'm single I have money in bank account around 100k USD. I dont know it should be ok. For proverty guideline for single ask to present only 11000 USD.

I have seen some police certificate it has shown the applicant status as single. I think it's enough for evidence.

ขอบคุณครับ

Hi yernyern,herrmeister0159, hpy, and FMFIA

So glad there are lots of Thai people in this forum. I am a newbie to this site and it seems like this post gathers Thai DV winners all together. I am just wondering how many Thai people are there in this forum. I also saw another Thai named Paulsiam in another forum. That is all I know so far. I am also among Thai dv2009 selectee but my CN is pretty high 19xxx. From the visa bulletin in October, AS is called only 2900. I have no idea when will be my turn. I hope anyone who is going for interview get all the best luck.

Anyway, may I ask you a few questions if you don't mind? can anyone share the interview experience? What kind of the affidavid of support do you use? have you ever heard any Thai dv selectee not been called for the interview or been rejected and why? Where do you go for document translation? Do you need to translate ใบเรียนทหาร ส.ด 9? (I ased this because on DS-230 part II, I answered yes in the military service and used the date of service and the rank (corporal) as stated in ใบเขียว ส.ด ต) Also, I'd like to know how far you prepare going to the US. Sorry to ask a lot of questions. I would be glad if any of you can provide me a bit information. For those who are going for interview, I wish you the best of luck!!!

Hey สวัสดีครับ glad to hear from you.
I think you probably current between April to June because CN for Asia up to 44000.
For the interview experience
As พี่หนึ่ง said, they only ask "tell me your study experience and what is your plan after that" and "what will be your plan to do there"
It's rarely posible that selectee not been called or rejected if KCC check for FBI name check that state clear. For the other reason, the quota finish.
Have you studied รักษาดินแดน or คัดเลือกเป็นทหาร or ได้รับการยกเว้นโดยจับใบเขียว
as Khun FMFIA said if the necessary document not in English and Thai, we should translate to English. I think only birth certificate should be translated.
At this point for me, just be waiting for second letter, health check, police certificate and translation.

Woh!!!

Glad to have all Thais gather in this forum. Actually i was brand new here too, and just co-incident have a long chat with Herrmeister.

I settle this forum actually want to ask information after getting DV visa in the passport. Like, where should i go after enter US and change my status into Resident. Suprisingly this forum is being interested by Thai DV 2009 winner. However, if anybody can help me with my topic queries please also let's me know na.

However, Congrat !! to all DV winner 2009... My interview experience didn't have much interesting. Not many questions are ask. I also graduate in BC degree but i was asked about education experience, especially during HS. Because i spend time of high school in Australia...

From my recent experience na ka ( DV2008 winner) i would suggest all Thais to have Thai certificate ( all of them) translate into English.... but you don't need stamp from Foreign Government Dept. I would rather have document ready, because it would waste your time if additional document requiring after interview as its also delay your process. I had my Thai document translate including for my daughter over 10 pages

I am also worried about my Sponsoring document at the beginning, but i decide to sponsor myself with all my bank statement and my parent bank statement. I was lucky, that i also have Bank of America account open while i was working there. So i also submit my US bank statement. They wouldn't care much of your properties. It need to be cash on any investment.

I plan to go to US around October with my daughter. My mother in law is a US resident and live in Florida. So we plan to move there and work there. I am now wishing to have this forum open for Thai. so we can keep in touch all newly winner and pass winner.. 55555......

Should i change my forum topic mai nia ???? :D

Have you studied รักษาดินแดน or คัดเลือกเป็นทหาร or ได้รับการยกเว้นโดยจับใบเขียว as Khun FMFIA said if the necessary document not in English and Thai, we should translate to English. I think only birth certificate should be translated. At this point for me, just be waiting for second letter, health check, police certificate and translation.

สวัสดีครับ

Yes, I studied รักษาดินแดน ครับ, so I wrote my rank and the date of service stated in the book. I guess I need to translate it and show at the counseler. So far I haven't prepared anything. I heard the translated document can be validated only 3 months from the date stamp, so I will wait till my number nearly current.