What should we consider while change job on EAD?

divakarap

Registered Users (C)
Currently my GC is in Process (I-140 Approved 7 months ago, I-485 in Process from the last 1 year. First finger printing Done in Sep’04) with Employer A, and working for him from the last 2 years.

I got a offer from Employer B. But Employer B is offering 10-15% less than the salary mentioned in my Green Card Labor.

So let me know what are implications, if I accept the offer from Employer B at max 15% less than the salary mentioned in my Green Card Labor?

Also please let me know what other things should I consider while accepting the offer from new employer?

I wonder why would one accept less money and chance of being laid off and end of the whole GC process instead of remaining with the current employer getting more money and staying more safe that way ?

New Employer is one of the Big Company witch have lots of Projects in USA. They are one of the leaders in the Industry.

well man, you decide... I feel like Big Boys are not paying much, perm employees are working overtime constantly without being compensated well, etc, etc...

anyway, what is the advantage of having a job at a big company with lots of projects that can't afford to pay you (a valuable employee) at least what you would be getting that is stated in your LC ?

As far as I know a normal procedure to put a medium range base into LC, it's not the highest you can possibly get (if otherwise it's just stupid move from those who made that LC, since they should pay you that high salary)...

so, if you make like 65%-70% of what the industry is paying with your employer, and you want to take a cut of 15% puts you down to around 55% of max you can get... the only I can say that you put yourself into being a cheap emplyee position that's it, and it won't stop them from giving you a pink slip first in line when bad thing happen...

anyway, GL man. you will need it.

P.S.

Oh yeh, now I understand why natives are complaining about their jobs being stealed by H1-Bs (they are indeed so cheap...) :D

1.Salary should not go below 90 % of the salary that you mentioned in labor application.
2.You should get the letter from employer B reflecting same job duties and salary that you mentioned in labor .
3.Also the letter should say that you are full time/permanent employee of employer B not temporary.

hope your questions been answered.
Thanks

divakarap said:
New Employer is one of the Big Company witch have lots of Projects in USA. They are one of the leaders in the Industry.

If the company is Satyam, then stay away as its one of the unprofessional companies in USA/India, where many hippocrats play a vital role. You would be better off staying at home or working in a restaurant than working with Satyam.

I would also suggest you to stay with the employer who originally filled your GC.

Majority of employers make promises before you start and break them once you are employee.

Since I am working for small company, some times my bench period is long and on bench no salary, because of less contacts with existing employer. On average, if I calculate my annual realization is less than current offer from employer B.

Atleast if I join with this new employer, I can minimize bench and stay back on long term assignments.