What should I include with I-140

Dana2592

Registered Users (C)
Actually, I have several questions.

I got certified back in September of 2006. Presently, we are sending the I-140. My lawyer disappeared into a thin air, so I am the one who has to do it.

These are my questions:

1. What evidence of financial situation of the employer should be enclosed?
I work for the city, therefore, it is not-for-profit. The city is of a medium size, has over 1000 employees. I was told by an immigration employee that in the cases like this, tehy usually look at the year it was established. The city was established in 1885, however I work at the library (1952) and the branch I am working for was open in 1992.

2. I have a master degree, 5 years of experience with the present employer and over 2 with the previous one. Do I have to include letters of experience for the old employer? I think it might be a problem because I had problems with getting W-2's from them.

3. Do I have to include the resume?

4. I am looking for NAICS codes and I can't find anything for the municipal government. I have found the code for public libraries. Should I type in this code?

Hey Dana,

Heres my 2 cents on your position:

My lawyer disappeared into a thin air, so I am the one who has to do it.

- You should endeavor to get your material back from him ASAP.

These are my questions:

1. What evidence of financial situation of the employer should be enclosed?
I work for the city, therefore, it is not-for-profit. The city is of a medium size, has over 1000 employees. I was told by an immigration employee that in the cases like this, tehy usually look at the year it was established. The city was established in 1885, however I work at the library (1952) and the branch I am working for was open in 1992.

- you could obtain letters confirming your employment (salary, dates of employ etc) from the library and the municipal government and also include as much details (online sources or printed materials) about the government as well. That should be enough

2. I have a master degree, 5 years of experience with the present employer and over 2 with the previous one. Do I have to include letters of experience for the old employer? I think it might be a problem because I had problems with getting W-2's from them.

- that will depend on whether the experience was listed on your LC...

3. Do I have to include the resume?

- its a pretty good idea

4. I am looking for NAICS codes and I can't find anything for the municipal government. I have found the code for public libraries. Should I type in this code?

- I think thats the code they intend for use in your situation. If you are actually looking the NIACS codes up you are doing better than the USCIS!!!

hope this helps!