What should I do?

Lao-Yi

Registered Users (C)
Please help!

I filed an I-485 application by the end of September 2002 (cocurrent, I-140 EB1-EA and EAD approved by the end of Oct. and mid December). At that time I did not enclose the fingerprint fee. So I receiced a notice (mailed on Oct. 19, 2002) to resubmit the fingerprint fee. I resubmitted the fingerprint fee (by normal mail) and the check was cleared on November 2, 2002. However, as of today (more than 7 months), I have not rceived a notice for fingerprinting. The online and phone status of my application still says that they have determined there was an insufficient payment for the fingerprint fee for my I-485 application, and they sent me a notice of this on Oct. 19, 2002, and my case is being held in suspense until they receive my fingerprint fee.

Could you advice what I should do with this issue? Should I just wait?

Thanks!

Lao-Yi

I suggest you wait for some time as you may aware NSC is now moving/processing I-485 applications very slowly. Don't trust online status as this system is not very accurate and updated.
I lost faith in National customer service 800 telephone assistance and suggest you to communicate with NSC only through mail (if you feel it necessary).

Re

doing the FP little late is not that bad because you will get a chance to do it again after expired (15months), based on the slow moving of INS, getting the FP done 12 months after RD should be OK

One of my friends had a very similar case. His 485 application was filed in Feb 2002. His lawyer had submitted the fingerprinting fee. But INS sent him a letter saying the FP fees was not submitted. So his lawyer sent them a copy of the check and then INS agreed that it was their fault. But he did not get the FP notice for about 8 months. He checked his status online and it said there was insufficient payment, blah, blah... So he asked his lawyer to followup with INS on this and then within two weeks after that he got his FP notice.

So the moral of this long story is: follow up with the BCIS regarding the FP fees, otherwise you might never receive the FP notice.

BTW, even after FP being done about 6 months ago, his online case-status still says "insufficient payment"...