What should I do?

waqarali

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for CA Immigration I guess 4-5 years back and my case is still pending in the NY office. I'm not "very interested" in getting the CA immigration but I want to keep my options open. They've asked me repeatedly to submit medical exams and other documents every year and so far I've been doing this but I really cant spend money on this every year. I'm thinking on the following options:

- Withdraw my application if they can give me back my application fee? Is it possible?

- Defer my application till I need to re-open my case??

- Transfer my application to somewhere else? Maybe India?? So that I dont need to submit anything at this point and my process will continue??

My idea is to continue the application without spending anything on it as I may need it in the future. At this point I'm well settled in US and do not want to leave US.

You feedback will be grately appreciated.

Thanks,
-Wali

Waqar,
Your post is slightly confusing. Has the Buffalo consulate been asking you to provide them with a medical every year for the last 4-5 years? That makes no sense. Or did the first medical come back with more investigation needed on a specific condition or ailment? My wife just got PR in June 2006 and her process needed one medical only. It took only 16 weeks for her case to finalise, but even for those that take longer, I have never heard of repeated medicals beign requested. Please clarify.

Thanks for the reply.

I initially applied at Buffalo but later transferred my case to NY. And I guess during last 4-5 years, I have submitted my medical exams at least three times. Initially before my marriage (just mine) and later twice with my wife.

I guess all medical exams expire in an year and if your application is still pending then you need to re-submit the medical exams that means spending another good 400-500 bucks every year!!

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks.

Waqar,
Well if you want to withdraw your application, just drop a note to the office processing your case. You will not get your processing fee back, however if you have already paid the landing fee, that will be refunded.