What Should I do?

XPW

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

I got the approve notice for my child's I-485. However, in the approval notice it states " In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make a appointment to go one of our application support center to have some additional biometrics (fingerprint, photo and signature) taken". "call 1-800-375-5283 to schedule your appointment. We can not complete certain steps in processing until you appear for this appointment"

I called 800 number and scheduled the appointment. However, when I went to application support center, they reject my request for have additional biometrics for my child and they told me that I should wait for another letter from TSC.

I was totally confused by this situation since when my case got approved, I was directed to make an appointment via infopass to go local INS to have passport stamped. Does anybody have a similar experience and know what I should do?

Thanks.

I have a somewhat similar situation.

In July, my family received approval notices for everyone and plastic cards for husband and me, all on the same day. We adults had done code 3 biometrics so it made sense that we got our cards right away.

However, our child's approval notice said she was required to make an Infopass appointment to get digital fingerprint and signature for the card. So we made the Infopass appointment and took her to it. At the appointment she did get her passport stamped and they took the 2 new photos we'd brought (according to instructions) but they did not take digital fingerprint and signature, saying this is not correct for kids.

No card for her has arrived as yet.

The notice you got for your child seems to be a new format that other people have mentioned in several recent posts I've read. So I think you and I are experiencing essentially the same scenario - except yours features the latest version of the approval notice. At least my child got her passport stamped.

I think USCIS seems to be a bit muddled about issuing cards for kids. I understand the way it always used to be was that they just used the photos you send with the I-485 to make cards for kids. But in at least some cases (your child and mine) they now aren't doing that, but are instead sending notices saying they want biometrics, which both local office (me) and ASC (you) refuse to take for a child under 14. I'm not at all optimistic that my child's GC is going to show up in the mail. I'm waiting until 60 days have passed and then calling NSC I guess.

XPW:

When did you receive your kid's approval notice ? when did you go do FP at which ASC ? Did you get confirmation number when calling customer service ? They told my spouse that there will be no letter for the appointment, the confirmation number should work.

Hi,
I got my child' approval notice on Sep 5, and make the appointment via 800- last Sat (Sep 10) to ASC. I also got the confirmation number. However, when I showed this to the people in ASC, they told me that I should wait for the letter. It is really confusing.

XPW,

Read the discussion thread "Weared message on approval notice? Help needed."

Many of us are in the same boat

Regards

XPW:

You got your appoinment really fast. Approval Notice on Sept. 5, Appointment on Sept. 10. Do you mind letting us know which ASC center or State ? Thanks, it would be helpful for other people who go to the same ASC center in the future.

A couple of people who got same approval notice have appointment 1 months later, my spouse got approval notice early Sept., however the FP was scheduled in mid-Oct by customer service.

XPW:

You got your appoinment really fast. Approval Notice on Sept. 5, Appointment on Sept. 10. Do you mind letting us know which ASC center or State ? Thanks, it would be helpful for other people who go to the same ASC center in the future.

A couple of people who got same approval notice have appointment 1 months later, my spouse got approval notice early Sept., however the FP was scheduled in mid-Oct by customer service.

XPW:

I am posting my experience right after coming back from Houston.

Hope it will be helpful for you.

We are assigned to the ASC in Houston Northwest.

As soon as we went , the person at the door saw the letter and said the approval notice is not enough and we need to show the appointment letter from USCIS showing the time and date .
I told him that we do not get appointment letters as I have called TSC and were told that no appointment letters will be sent. But we have confirmation numbers.
I insisted that he read what the approval notice says about taking to the appointment. Just the notice and photo ID. I also showed him my firs fingerprints letter (biometrics code 3) completed on August 5, 2005. At that point he told me to go and speak to the supervisor.
The supervisor looked at the letters (approval notice and fingerprints notice from August). I told her that I have conformation numbers. She told me that she does not need them. She wrote code 2 on the approval notices and told me to go and get the paperwork done.
They took picture, fingerprint (right index finger) and signature.

Guys, if you are going for the biometrics and the door fellows ask for appointment letters, do not turn and go away. Show the door men the previous fingerprints letter.
Insist on speaking to supervisors.

I wish all of you good luck and hope you will be able to complete your biometrics with out any problem.

Some details of my case
I-140 RD August 16, 2003 (EB-1b: outstanding professor/researcher)
RD August16, 2003
PD August 18, 2003
I 140 AD August 9, 2004

I-485 RD April 6, 2005
I-485 AD August 16, 2005 (strange approval notice)
FP ND (code 3) June 21, 2005
Biometrics done August 5, 2005
EAD ND August 10, 2005
EAD AD August 16, 2005

LUD 8/05/05, 08/08/05, 0811/05, 08/16/05, 08/17/05