What Should I do? Urgent request!

Gwen

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I need some advise, and my lawyer has never seen this happen. Our packet 3 was returned for more information -- they need the court records for a DUI from 1986. When I call the courts in London, Ontario, they need a conviction date and a case number in order to order it from Toronto. I don't have it. Do any of you know how I can get it. The NVC has it on the RCMP report but I don't have a copy of that (dumb)

I dont want to cause any more delays cause I am already so upset that I will be put back in the mail loop once I return it. Would a letter be sufficient -- explaining why I can't send it? Will they send it bck to me? Anyone have protocol on this. It's urgent!

I am not sure if I know any anwer for this situation. But you can try posting your question to Attorney Ron Gotcher. Be very sure that you post your question but but but.... never mention anything about your current attorney. Because if you are represented by any other Attorney then he says to seek advice from him. But I would say that he is very prompt in replying back.

Post your question at: www.immigration-information.com

GoodLuck,

you must have thought of it but still..

You can get a 2nd criminal record check done by the RCMP (and this time keep a copy!)

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/crimrec/crimrec_finger.htm

In some other post you had mentioned that the validity of your check runs out soon so you'd probably have to do this anyway.

The RCMP takes about 45 days for the check and that automatically pushes back the date that you can get the court records. I know the RCMP check cannot be expedited but dont know about the court docs. You might want to check if paying some more money can shorten that time once you get the relevant details.

Good Luck.

I know this is frustrating. My 2c? Perhaps its better to give exactly what the NVC asks for rather than provide explanations/excuses and run the risk of them rejecting the whole thing. Especially so in these troubled times.

Just a thought, why don't you ask NVC to get you the case number for the RCMP report you submitted. From my experience NVC guys are pretty cooperative and helpful. Hope something nice works out for you.

Case number

Thanks. I asked them and they don't have it in front of them, so I would have to write to them (6-8 weeks before they will see it) then wait to get it , then send away for it (4-6 weeks) then send (6-8 weeks) so I am trying to find it on my own or get advise on what else I can do.