What\'s the difference between ND & RD ?

Patme

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I am new to this site & also new to a few acronyms.I know that PD is Priority Date & that RD is receipt date.I have seen that usually ND falls apprx. a month after RD.What\'s ND and how does it differ from RD?
For I-485 processing times do we need to wait for RD to become current or ND?
Thanks in advance.

RD & ND Explained

Hi Patme

Receipt Date (RD) is the date that INS physically opens your I-485 application and stamps it as "received". Notice Date (ND) is when they acknowledge your application and send you the I-485 "notice". Priority Dates (PD) are actually based on either when you filed for Labor Certification (Employment Benefit Categories 2 and 3) or the date you filed your I-140 (Employment Benefit Category 1). You may file I-485 when your PD becomes current.

I recommend visiting http://www.immihelp.com for additional information

Thanks Sharp70, 2 more questions

When we say that the INS is now processing Aug 2000 cases, is Aug 2000 a notice date or receipt date?
On the recorded message of the INS where we check the status of our application, when they say "received your application on so-so date",
is it the receipt date or notice date?
Thanks

More info

Patme,

When INS says it\'s processing Aug 2000 cases, this is based on RD. On the recorded message, it states "received your application on xx/xx/xxxx [meaning receipt date]. We mailed you a receipt on yy/yy/yyyy [meaning notice date]" This should be all on your I-485 receipt.

No Title

does the response (like RD, ND etc) come from INS directly to the applicant or to the lawyer?

recorded message clarification

The recorded message says "Received your application on . We mailed you a receipt with information about processing...."

It only talks about one date and I think that is the notice date.