What "Retrogress" would mean to me

jbond

Registered Users (C)
I filed my Labor Feb' 2004 (Vermont)
Got it approved and filed 765/140/485 concurrently in Sept'04
Received EAD in Nov'04

Now what will happen to my 140/485?

Will Retrogress further delay things for me OR they are already in que and will continue as usual ? This new retro/PD whatever it is - will not be an hurdle...

OR - I will have to wait till 2002, 2003 backlog clears and then I will come back in the que... PLEASE HELP ME CLEAR THIS CONFUSION!! Many thanks

unitednations said:
if you are eb3 and from india, phillipines or china then you are in for a long wait. The visa priority dates would have to move two years to get you current.

What isn't clear is that for those cases which are pending with uscis will they go ahead and approve 140 or let 140/485 sit and collect dust for a couple of years. What is clear is that they won't process your 485 until the visa date moves after your priority date.

Good thing for you is that since you have already filed 485, you can continue to renew ead/ap.

" many thanks for the quick response - yes I also think it is not very clear. Specially if it is a concurrent case then 140 will wait 485 decision? This retro/metro is one hell of complexity. They shoudl simplify things rather then making it more confusing"

Can someone answer my question please?

I am a Canadian citizen but born in India. My I140 just got approved. Will I be affected by the PD regression. I need to decide whether I should go for CP or 485.

Thanks,

I140 - EB3 - RD Aug/04 AD Dec/04

ak_new_member said:
Can someone answer my question please?

I am a Canadian citizen but born in India. My I140 just got approved. Will I be affected by the PD regression. I need to decide whether I should go for CP or 485.

Thanks,

I140 - EB3 - RD Aug/04 AD Dec/04

Yes you will be affected. You birth country is India.

vanrkr said:
Does this date effect to people who filed the labor before the 2002 date?

As of today answer is NO. But it has been speculated that, Retrogression 'might' go further in future. What I mean is Date can go back in 2001. It all depends on how many cases with PD < 1JAN2002 are pending with USCIS and how many new I485 applications with PD < 1JAN2002 will get filed from January 2005 onwards.

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
As of today answer is NO. But it has been speculated that, Retrogression 'might' go further in future. What I mean is Date can go back in 2001. It all depends on how many cases with PD < 1JAN2002 are pending with USCIS and how many new I485 applications with PD < 1JAN2002 will get filed from January 2005 onwards.

As per as my PD in I140 is Aug 30 2001 .. Am i get affected by this ?

In my opinion...

There are roughly 45,000 cases pending for I-485 in 2002-2003. Another 20000 in 2004 I think. (You can check at Immigrationwatch.com). This includes EB-1, EB-2, EB-3.

CIS is clearing between 12000-15000 in a year for each EB-2, EB-3. I am not sure about EB-1. There are countries other than China, Philliphines, India which have good quota but don't use other 150,000 visas available in a year. In previous years, they moved these visas (GCs) to countries like India, China, Philliphines. So my guess is, there will be more than 20000-30000 Visas for the above 3 countries each year. Even with retrogression my guess is people should get GCs in reasonably fair time. People with I-140s cleared need to worry less since they can use AC21, and others should keep their job till their immigration is cleared.

This is just a fair guess and CIS has had many analysts fall flat on their face before.

Man

Need your valuable opinion !!!

Hi Gurus,

I checked my I-140 approval notice and according to that my priority date is 24 april 2001. But my labor is substitute labor. Do you think I will get any problem in my I485 approval ?

Check details in my signature.........

May thanks and Happy Holidays !!!

what would be the PD for substitute labor cases? Some ppl say its the original labor PD and some say its when 140/485 filed.

I'm so confused and i'm curious as my case was filed with substitute labor and that has a PD of July'2000

man1203 said:
There are roughly 45,000 cases pending for I-485 in 2002-2003. Another 20000 in 2004 I think. (You can check at Immigrationwatch.com). This includes EB-1, EB-2, EB-3.

CIS is clearing between 12000-15000 in a year for each EB-2, EB-3. I am not sure about EB-1. There are countries other than China, Philliphines, India which have good quota but don't use other 150,000 visas available in a year. In previous years, they moved these visas (GCs) to countries like India, China, Philliphines. So my guess is, there will be more than 20000-30000 Visas for the above 3 countries each year. Even with retrogression my guess is people should get GCs in reasonably fair time. People with I-140s cleared need to worry less since they can use AC21, and others should keep their job till their immigration is cleared.

This is just a fair guess and CIS has had many analysts fall flat on their face before.

Man

You mean to say that if the PD date is year of 2001 ..Those need not to worry ...And whose I140 is aproved..