What reason for dependents' cases pending?

visa2000

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody know why are the dependents' cases pending after primary case got approved? How long will it take for their approval?

Thanks.

my wife's case has been pending for 7 months. No end in sight. Just keep your chin up and carry on...they will get approved....someday :(

Usually the files got separated(sounds unbelievable but quite common) and may be assigned to different officers. In addition, they may be waiting for security check results of dependent before the final approval. However nobody knows for sure what's going on inside USCIS unless you worked for them.

spouse dependent case

hello

245(i) case in 485 stage, 140 got approved. spouse is in south Asia country.
could anyone share what process or steps required to bring her here. one issue even attorney was not sure too.... does she need to wait for 5+ yrs or she is eligable for K or any visa once my 485 approval, in I-140 and I-485 already mententioned about married. and what pettition and CP process are invloved any idea?

Does anyone has simmilar issue please share ur knowledge.

P.O.J

in our case, six months

in our cases, it takes another six months for the pending derivative. we filed togetther and got FP/REF on the same mails,
but just odd, there are six month gap for approval

Originally posted by junwalla
my wife's case has been pending for 7 months. No end in sight. Just keep your chin up and carry on...they will get approved....someday :(

What is your RD/ND? Was NCSC able to get a status on the case ? Mine was approved on 11/21 and my Wife's and son's cases are pending. I tried calling NCSC for their cases and the lady said that I have to wait for the processing dates to pass for a month and then only they can iniiate a query.....

happy to answe chackmur

chackmur,

our case detail:
rd 11/26/01
fp1 3/27/02
ref 5/6/03 for me & my spouse (medical reexam REF)
mine was approved on 5/22/03 card received on 7/11/03
but my wife's continue pending
and did FP2 on 7/27/03
and get approved at the beginning of Nov.2003
lots of people have this delimma, have no idea about the reason for separation during the process. you may check the thread initiated by tiger100. some of them already got approved like my wife's & compaga.

good luck.