What on earth is the Missouri service center ?!!

bjazi01

Registered Users (C)
Hello all, I am resident of Indiana and recently filed a marriage based I-485 application. I was under the impression that I my application would go to the Nebraska service center, however my lawyer filed in the Missouri service center !!!

Does anyone know where I can find processing dates for that service center ? The USCIS does not list Missouri as even having a service center !!

Or does anyone knows what kind of backlog they have on marriage based I-485 applications through a US born citizen ?

Thanks,

Hi!
Your application was sent to Missouri service center for pre-processing.
It will be forwarded to your local INS office when process is complete and they are ready to interview you.
You have to watch dates for your local office to know how long it will take to process your I-485.

Hi,
Be happy that Missouri are handling your case. I know all SCs are working fast but theirs is extreme. I had my interview on Jan. 13 at the local office in Milwaukee, WI. But my case was being processing by USCIS Missouri SC. I got home today from work and they had mailed me my card. It took them less than a month! The same thing happened with my EAD. Relax all will be well.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for the comforting responses, god bless you all. Honestly I have never met such a peaceful and helpful forum related to the whole INS puzzle...Or it is BCIS, or USCIS !!! :)

Hi,
I am also in the same boat, my lawyer sent the application packet to Missouri, instead of nebreska or the local service center.
He says that it will be faster by sending it to NBC in missouri as they take applications from all the states.

He claims that he sent the application packet more than 3 weeks back, but i have not recieved any reciepts so far, neither have my check been cashed by the USCIS.

I dont know how long it will still take....... :confused:

bsang999 said:
Hi,
I am also in the same boat, my lawyer sent the application packet to Missouri, instead of nebreska or the local service center.
He says that it will be faster by sending it to NBC in missouri as they take applications from all the states.

He claims that he sent the application packet more than 3 weeks back, but i have not recieved any reciepts so far, neither have my check been cashed by the USCIS.

I dont know how long it will still take....... :confused:

Actually, that's funny, mine was sent I guess at the same time your was, 3 or 4 weeks ago now. The lawyer sent company checls so I don't know if those have cleared or not. But I have not received any receipts from the USCIS yet, I am getting a bit concerned since the lawyer at first told me they usually send out the receits "a few days" after receiving the application. Again, I guess a few days could be 365 days in terms of our lifespan
:confused:

I will keep you and everyone posted on the progress of the case,

Abusua,
Do mind sharing your AOS Interview question with us? I have a interview coming up next week. What documents did he/she checked? Did they asked alot of question etc? Please share!!!!