What next

Neddy

I am a US citizen and my 6 year old daughter has her green card.I am travelling to the States with her,what do i do next to get her citezenship.

You may be in Luck

There is a new law, passed in 2000, whereby, your daughter is probably already a citizen. You need to file an N600 form with the INS, to get a certificate of citizenship. Check the new law on Mr. Khanna\'s site.

No Title

When you are in US, you can apply for your daughter\'s passport. You need to attach yours\' (or your wifes\') Naturalization certifcate and your daughters\' Green Card. (The post office counter may not ask for GC, but the Passport office will ask for it to complete the process).

You may apply for N-600, it might take up-to 2Yrs as per INS national customer service. I am still trying to find out what\'s the need for N-600.

File N-600 with the District Office where you are going to be in the US

Since you reside outside the US with your child, you may file the N-600 or N-643 with the INS District Office nearest where you plan on being in the US. you will then be provided an appointment notice. Take that appointment notice to the nearest US Embassy for a nonimmigrant visa for your child. You will need to bring all approriate original documents with you with English translations. The US Embassy will help you with the necessary documents. or you can access the websites for state department or INS.