What makes FBI name check take years for someone?

master_chari

Registered Users (C)
Many people dread the word "name check" done by FBI. But, for some lucky people it is very fast. For some unlucky it even takes years!!!

What makes name check take so long for some people? Is that sheer bad luck that FBI picked our case? Or are there any other factors that cause delay?

Any clues into understanding this will be greatly appreciated!

master_chari said:
Many people dread the word "name check" done by FBI. But, for some lucky people it is very fast. For some unlucky it even takes years!!!

What makes name check take so long for some people? Is that sheer bad luck that FBI picked our case? Or are there any other factors that cause delay?

Any clues into understanding this will be greatly appreciated!

I really doubt whether GOD would be able to answer your question

Thanks Venkatram. That was a good resource on name check!

My first and last names are darn unique. Middle name is kind of common. But, all three (first, middle and last) are very long having too many syllables. Will they be breaking down the names while searching? If that is so, mine is a trouble maker indeed!

How about your case? If your case is pending for a long time, what is your explanation for that? If you have any!

This is what I want to find out. However, I really don't think they should break down the first, last, or the middle names. combination of my first and last name is unique too. But, my name check is still not finished after almost 2 month. :mad: :mad:

forxp,

Two months is nothing when compared to many people who took years to get the name check done! So, keep hope. But, how do you know it is two months???

I think, name check starts when USCIS receives our fingerprints. If that is case, my name check is pending for the last 7 months. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I called USCIS. the representative told me they sent the request to FBI in early August. This is why I said "two months". I could not get any confirmation from FBI. But, I have to believe whatever I got. :(

Although two months are not very long, most people got cleared within one week. If not, will stuck for a long time. :mad: