What makes Concurrent Filing Differnt...

Al_aos

Registered Users (C)
is it supposed to be faster.
My I140 was approved in May 2003 and am still waiting for my 485.
so how does it make it different.....
oris it.......Can some one please explain

Al_aos said:
is it supposed to be faster.
My I140 was approved in May 2003 and am still waiting for my 485.
so how does it make it different.....
oris it.......Can some one please explain

If you filed your I-140 and I-485 at the same time, that is considered 'concurrent'. A recent memo from the USCIS indicated they were to begin testing a pilot program whereby concurrently filed applications would be adjudicated within 90 days, though few people on this forum have seen evidence of that happening yet. So, recent concurrent filings may get processed faster under this proposed pilot scheme - that's one thing that makes concurrent different from the rest of us who have lingered here for years, having filed before concurrent filing was even an option.

Concurrent processing allows you to have the advantage of having an earlier 485 receipt date. You don't have to wait for the 140 approval to file ur 485. This obviously has benefits when it comes to FIFO processing (note: I am not implying that BCIS necessarily follows it in practice) and more importantly, using AC21 to change your job. You now don't have to wait the extra time that would be required for 140 approval.

However, to answer your question, concurrent processing by itself does not change anything in the process to make it go faster.

In my case the ND wasnt much Different. Filed Concurrently in March 2003.
I140 approved End June/Ead issued june. ( one RFE on 140)
Still waiting for 485 approval.