What kind of questions does INS ask when they call for interview ?

sesa99

Registered Users (C)
I see some of them having interviews for the final GC approval. By the time I get there it will another 1 year or so. I am just curious at this time to find. What do INS ask when they call you for interview ?

Thanks in advance

No Title

Hmm. Possible questions?

. All those Yes/No questions on I-485.
. Your info: name, Date of birth, parents\' names, Place of Birth, Empolyer, Date of hire, Profession, ...

Keep your answer accurate and concise. It\'s not a talk show.

No Title

Yong Huang is right on. All the Yes/No questions that appear on the i-485 application are asked in the interview.

No Title

Then what is the need of interview ? They have the info, nothing is going to change right ? Why not approve it, instead of calling for interview.

Are there any cases, who got rejected during the interview ? and on what bases ?

thanks in advance

No Title

Quite a few NIW cases (where employment is not a constraint) and other cases where INS feels that they need to verify the information again in person, they call for an interview at the local office. The process is called transfering the case to local office.

No Title

Please help !!!!! taka-digi , Yong Huang , sesa99,

Any of you know how long it is taking to get an interview call form INS NY local office (26 Federal Plaza). Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.