What is Yellow Letter? (I received IL but no YL)

SEA400

Registered Users (C)
Lot's of people have mentioned about Yellow Letter which typically seems to arrive before Interview Letter.

What exactly is this Yellow Letter?

I received the Interview Letter (NOA informing Interview date and place) with another page mentioning the supporting documents to bring.

^ From my understand its a letter asking for more evidence e.g. a document or something....and not everyone receives it.....so i wouldn't worry about it. I never got it my self when i was 101% certain that i would.

Lot's of people have mentioned about Yellow Letter which typically seems to arrive before Interview Letter.

What exactly is this Yellow Letter?

I received the Interview Letter (NOA informing Interview date and place) with another page mentioning the supporting documents to bring.

It's a letter listing the documents that you need to bring for the interview. Even if you don't receive it, nothing to worry. Just take every document with you, including DL, passports, GC, SS card, birth certificate, address proof (utility bill), bank statements, marrige certificate (if married), AR-11 filing proof (if any), copy of I-140 approval notice (if you have), any court dispositions or proof of traffic ticket payments, employer letter (just in case) etc........ Don't forget the original interview appointment letter (make a copy for your own immigration records). I would love to be in your situation, receiving IL instead of YL. :) :)