What is title of nobility - N400

desihai

Registered Users (C)
Question from N400 - nobility, association, clubs

On N400 sec 10:

Do you have any title of nobility in a foreign country ?

what is it mean? owning plot/apt in India fall under this category?

How to answer it and will it be basis of further questioning/rejection?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to do with land title :)

Title of Nobility means holding titles like "Prince", "Count", "Duke", "Earl" "Viscount" etc. If you hold those, you have to relinquish them as US is a republic and will not recognize any of these titles. :)

Association or Club ?

ok thanks, on a similar vein a question next to it is
Have you ever been a member of or associated with any organization, association, fund foundation, party, club, society or similar group in the United States or in any other place?

If I was a member of IEEE or Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) in the past or Camera Clubs, do I need to mention them, It seems silly, but why do they ask these?

thanks!

Just put them there. They want to see whether you have ever been associated with any 'questionable' organizations and/or clubs. For example, communist party, nazi party, KKK, etc.

Furthermore, active involvment in "good" clubs (professional, sports, hobbies, church, school etc etc.) demonstrates a level of assimilation that sends a positive message.

Yes, list them all. The real point of that question is that if you omit listing an organization (like, say the communist party or the KKK), then you lied on your N-400 and your naturalization can be later revoked. That's the "deport the Nazi war criminal" question

I put student associations, professional associations, PTAs, everything.