what is this signature card in EAD renewal ??pl respond..

roran

Registered Users (C)
Sorry for posting here..but i couldn't get replies from the other forum which is for EAD..
1. What is this signature card ?
2. Do I need to submit one for EAD renewal ?

Thanks,

pls. clarify

I had submitted a signature card when I had filed for I-485 last Aug. I'm not sure if the rules changed after that but I guess it would be better if we get more responses to clarify.

A signature card is nothing but a piece of paper (couldn't find better words to describe it!) - I don't know about the form # (it's at home, I guess) but anyways, has a rectangular area where one signs - the signature is then used for the EAD (the EAD card has a signature section which appears to be taken from the signature card)

Is it possible that INS stores the singnature once as a file in their database and one need not send it over again because they already have it?

Just a guess.

I would guess what Vivekm says is correct. Just that INS needs the signature in the first place. I don't think they do that from the normal INS forms that we sign - so I guess the signature card is for that (the card had some strict instructions like not to sign outside the rectangular area .. ) to capture the signature and store in a DB - finally all I'm is a database record ...

signature card no longer required

INS forms page

click on I-765 and when you scroll down the page you can see the statement "Special Instructions:

Please note: The blue "Signature Card" mentioned in the form's instructions is no longer required by INS."