what is this deal with interviews and transfers to local offices?

suman_ojha

Registered Users (C)
hi,
I have been visiting this wonderful forum for sometime but did not get chance to join it before.
My I-485 was filed in Sep, 2002 at NSC. I have been reading lately about "cases transferred to local offices" and "interviews" in earlier threads. I assume this is regarding GC. I have not heard about these before. May be I am missing something here. Can some one please educate me on this.

thanks folks,

See local Xfer thread

EB cases usually do not require interviews and are handled by the service center. Some cases get xferred to local offices for various reasons. See the chicago interviews thread for more info.

Transfer to local service center

Hi Suma,

Certain cases will be transferred to local INS office after initial review of the case by the adjudicator at the service center. One of the good reasons would be, recent marriage and subsequent filing of I-485 for wife or husband. Even I am expecting mine or my wife's or both cases would be tranferred to local INS( in my case, it's San Antonio, TX) office. If happens, all you need to do is submit all the evidence/documents related to marriage like marriage certificate, bank joint accounts etc.

Sometimes, this is much quicker than processing at the service center, but not necessarily true.

regards,
Flam