What is the truth of Name Check processing Time?

Elsewhere in this fourm ( Title : security clearance) , I read some interesting fact. Many of us whose FBI clearance is long pending have / had applied for Canadian immigration in the past. I had also applied for Canadian immigration and my FBI clearance is pending even when my AOS interview is done.
Anyone from the pendindg list have / had applied for candian immigration?? Any corelation between that and this FBI clearnce delay??? Please post your replies. This will help us to analyze the cause for the delay.

I do not think there is a relation. I never applied for canadian immigration, still my name check is pending since oct 2003...

GreenCardVirus said:
I believe most people who are stuck in Name Check have been in USA for quite some time. In my case about 9 years.

Sorry! if this is a dumb question.
How we know we are stuck on Name Check?

GreenCardVirus said:
I believe most people who are stuck in Name Check have been in USA for quite some time. In my case about 9 years.

Yep that's true !! I just filed my 9th year extension. These people are money suckers for true !!

LaborBadhi said:
Sorry! if this is a dumb question.
How we know we are stuck on Name Check?

You Call USCIS and make an inquiry, only if the published dates are past your filing date. Otherwise they wont take answer your question.

If your filing date is Jan 20 and published date is Feb 20, then your can call.

How do I know if I am stuck on Name Check?

What is the published date? Is there a date published just for name check process?
I am in EB3 and stuck in retrogression pipeline. Does USCIS initiate name check on all the received applications or first wait for the priority date to get current on a given application and then start the name check process?

9 years??? are you kidding me!! What a shame. You never thought of doing a writ of Mandamus and sue the administration? How can they keep you that long without status.
It's been almost a year for me and I cannot travel. I have a 7 months old kid and my family never had the opportunity to see him. I cannot travel cause I overstayed 190 days.... I planned the baptism of my son this September but I guess I will have to cancel our flights as well the ceremony.
I am so pissed off. Once one year elapse, I would do a legal action.
9 years... I can't believe that...

flodru said:
9 years??? are you kidding me!! What a shame. You never thought of doing a writ of Mandamus and sue the administration? How can they keep you that long without status.
It's been almost a year for me and I cannot travel. I have a 7 months old kid and my family never had the opportunity to see him. I cannot travel cause I overstayed 190 days.... I planned the baptism of my son this September but I guess I will have to cancel our flights as well the ceremony.
I am so pissed off. Once one year elapse, I would do a legal action.
9 years... I can't believe that...

We are talking about legitimate stay.

I've been home 7 times and last time was 3 months back. You live illegally, you pay for the sins.

I know. I wanted time to organize my wedding. I should just have got married for the paper. ... was a bad idea I guess....