What is the quickest one can get a passport?

eo23

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I need to literally travel 5 days after my oath date (April 24th). Is it at all possible to get the passport within a few days?

What is the fastest I can get it?

Thanks all.

EO, in the expedited passports thread, Zuleron was able to get a passport same day, but that is only because he was able to get an appointment at a Passport Agency office. It can be tough to get through on the phone to book one.

If you can get an appointment, sometimes you can pick up the passport same day or next day, but it has become difficult to get an appointment in places like NYC. Here there are stories of people waiting all day and getting turned away. As for me, I am not traveling until early May, so I don't mind the expedited way. My passport is being processed now, a little bird tells me.:p
Your mileage may vary in other cities with Passport Agency offices.

Good luck.

zuleron wrote:

I got my passport today!

I naturalized yesterday on April 4th, 2007. I applied for my passport today April 5th, 2007 and I received my new passport today April 5th. 2007. Because I am traveling next week they processed it on the same day.

Basically I set up an appointment at the Philadelphia Passport Agency for 11:30am. I got there at 11:20am. Had to show the guard my ID (I used my naturalization certificate) went through the metal detectors and went to the Passport Room. I had to show them my itinerary and my Passport Application. I did this and she gave me a ticket number. I had to wait till around 1pm to see someone coz there were about 30 people ahead of me. If you do this make sure you bring something to read. At 1pm I gave them my completed application, my photos and swore the oath. I paid the fee -- $157 which is the same as expedited processing only this is better coz it's SAME DAY. They take checks, cash or even credit cards. They gave me a receipt that would get me back into the building and told me to come back at 3:30pm. So they CAN make the passport in under 2.5 hours! I came back at 3:35pm and walked up to the counter, gave her my receipt and she handed me my passport and naturalization certificate. She told me to check that everything was okay before I left. I checked it and left.

That's the way to do it people. Same day processing! A guard told me that if you are traveling within the next seven days you can get it on the same day. If you are traveling within two weeks, they mail it to you within three days which is alright but nothing beats same day processing. If you live near a Passport Processing Center there is no reason why you should wait and deal with online stuff. All you need is an itinerary. Good Luck!!!

EO, in the expedited passports thread, Zuleron was able to get a passport same day, but that is only because he was able to get an appointment at a Passport Agency office. It can be tough to get through on the phone to book one.

If you can get an appointment, sometimes you can pick up the passport same day or next day, but it has become difficult to get an appointment in places like NYC. Here there are stories of people waiting all day and getting turned away. As for me, I am not traveling until early May, so I don't mind the expedited way. My passport is being processed now, a little bird tells me.:p
Your mileage may vary in other cities with Passport Agency offices.

Good luck.

zuleron wrote:

I got my passport today!

I naturalized yesterday on April 4th, 2007. I applied for my passport today April 5th, 2007 and I received my new passport today April 5th. 2007. Because I am traveling next week they processed it on the same day.

Basically I set up an appointment at the Philadelphia Passport Agency for 11:30am. I got there at 11:20am. Had to show the guard my ID (I used my naturalization certificate) went through the metal detectors and went to the Passport Room. I had to show them my itinerary and my Passport Application. I did this and she gave me a ticket number. I had to wait till around 1pm to see someone coz there were about 30 people ahead of me. If you do this make sure you bring something to read. At 1pm I gave them my completed application, my photos and swore the oath. I paid the fee -- $157 which is the same as expedited processing only this is better coz it's SAME DAY. They take checks, cash or even credit cards. They gave me a receipt that would get me back into the building and told me to come back at 3:30pm. So they CAN make the passport in under 2.5 hours! I came back at 3:35pm and walked up to the counter, gave her my receipt and she handed me my passport and naturalization certificate. She told me to check that everything was okay before I left. I checked it and left.

That's the way to do it people. Same day processing! A guard told me that if you are traveling within the next seven days you can get it on the same day. If you are traveling within two weeks, they mail it to you within three days which is alright but nothing beats same day processing. If you live near a Passport Processing Center there is no reason why you should wait and deal with online stuff. All you need is an itinerary. Good Luck!!!

Ah, this is great, thank you so much for the reference. The only way I can make an appointment is to set it up by phone?

Thanks again guys.

The only way I can make an appointment is to set it up by phone?

If you click the link Boatbod posted, each passport center had a note:

Automated Appointment Number: 1 (877) 487-2778

If you click the links for the individual centers, they point to the same number. Like everything else, just follow the instructions.

A Rush Passport

Try "A Rush Passport" - they guarantee same day too, I think. I know a guy who used to post on the San Antonio threads (aramamo) got his through arush.

Last edited by a moderator:
In order to apply for the same day passport, I know that I am required to give them a copy of my itinerary. If I book my air ticket online, is the online printout of itinerary good enough? or I need to ask the airline to send me an airline copy.

In order to apply for the same day passport, I know that I am required to give them a copy of my itinerary. If I book my air ticket online, is the online printout of itinerary good enough? or I need to ask the airline to send me an airline copy.

Yes, online printout is sufficient. Worked fine for me when I got my passport within a day at the Washington, DC Passport Office over a month ago (see http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1623914&postcount=1240). Good luck.

u dont have to set appointment with any us passport agency .u can hire a private agency to do it in ur befhalf and get next day or same day. thats my case I went trough .i got my passport next day without appointemnt

experience

u dont have to set appointment with any us passport agency .u can hire a private agency to do it in ur befhalf and get next day or same day. thats my case I went trough .i got my passport next day without appointemnt

who did you use and what was the experience - was it easy or more of a hassel to get a sealed envelop from the USPS? Also, is there any risk in giving your natz. cert. to a 3rd. party / private co? What if they lose it, or the guy carrying it to the agency forges it? Afterall, a Natz. cert. is worth millions.

Last edited by a moderator: