What is the procedure to get Police Clearance in US

vj_909

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Can anyone help me how to get the Police Clearance in US.

Thank you,
Vijay

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to worry

The information to where you need to send the documents and what to be sent will be clearly mentioned in the letter that you will receive from CIC whenever they want you to have the Police clearance to be submitted.

So dont be in hurry. Wait until you are asked to do so, then you follow the instructions in the letter. Because there is some time limit in which the Police clearance is valid till. So if you get the police clearance well in advance ( without being asked by CIC) there is posibility that your certificate may be expired by the time it is needed. So be patient enough....

thanks
ravi

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for your response.

I recentlly heard from my friend that FBI people are taking minimum 6 months to send FBI clearance report.

That's why i am in hurry to apply for FBI report.

Thanks,
Vijay

vj_909 said:
Hi,

Can anyone help me how to get the Police Clearance in US.

Thank you,
Vijay

You need 2 kinds of certificates, one is from the FBI and other one from the Indian emabassy. For the both you need to pay some fees.

FBI: Go to the nearest police station and get the FBI fingerprints app and give the fingerprints in front of the police officer and send it to the FBI, they will verify and send it back to you. (I dont know the time frame now)

Indian Embassy: Go to the website and download the app, fill it and send it to the embassy, they will ask you for your passport also, they will send clearance certificate and also put the stamp in the passport.

Good Luck.

PCC along with application

I beleive Buffalo needs PCC along with intial application if you are applying from USA . I applied for my PCC at Indian embassy and received PCC in 3 months. FBI I applied in mid August 2006 and still waiting .FBI website says
10 weeks but looks like it is taking more time .

Anyone have tried contacting FBI over phone.

Thanks

sri2007 said:
I beleive Buffalo needs PCC along with intial application if you are applying from USA . I applied for my PCC at Indian embassy and received PCC in 3 months. FBI I applied in mid August 2006 and still waiting .FBI website says
10 weeks but looks like it is taking more time .

Anyone have tried contacting FBI over phone.

Thanks
Hi!
I have heard that if you request them and give them a deadline they can expedite your request.I have the telephone # where you can reach them and ask them about your clearence.
(304)625-3878
(304)625-2000 Switch board

Need to follow directions

In the letter from CIC it clearly indicates to mention the expiry date of your CIC request letter. If one writes that date on top of the FBI finger print envelope, they will take care. The normal process time for FBI is 6 to 8 weeks per their web site.

If anyone experience more than that time line, there is process to expedite that too. Please use their web site and numbers to reach them and have them send FBI cards soon.

Please follow the Site, forums and judge the information, rather mouth of word from here and there. That saves lot of time and keep you worry free.

Wish you all the best
Ravi

FBI clearance

I had received my FBI clearance within 10 days in Sep 06. In my request to FBI, I mentioned about the deadline and also included a copy of letter from Buffalo office.

I too received my FBI clearance within 2 weeks, as I had mentioned the deadline on the envelope and on the form.

Is there a way to expedite the Indian Police clearance? I am currently in US and have only 2 months in hand to give the PCCs.

Thanks,
Gopal